Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#575719 18/11/15 04:49 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It seems like it has been very very quite from Larian on follow up with EE in terms of how well it has been doing for them and the patches seems to cover but a sliver of issues reported more than once.

When the original version came out, they were happy to share this information and we're a bit more aggressive with bug squashing.

So is there any "State of the EE comments" Larian would like to share with us as well with patch plans?

M
stranger
stranger
M
They've been making announcements on Steam, but it's been pretty quiet on these forums. It's impossible to get any info out of them about the console version winch is unplayable at the moment due to a game breaking bug.

I agree it would be nice if they interacted with their customers more.

Originally Posted by Momurdamo
They've been making announcements on Steam, but it's been pretty quiet on these forums. It's impossible to get any info out of them about the console version winch is unplayable at the moment due to a game breaking bug.

I agree it would be nice if they interacted with their customers more.

Which game-breaking bug? I'm playing on Xbox One and the only bug I've encountered is the occasional corrupt save string, which can be solved by loading the 6th or 7th save back, usually only losing thirty minutes to an hour. Haven't really encountered anything else, but it'd be great if you could warn me in advance so I don't break my game!

M
stranger
stranger
M
The luculla forest bug. I can't load any saves I made there. They already patch this on PC about a week ago hopefully it won't be too much longer before consoles get the patch. I hear that some your chracters can get permanently debuffed as well at some point so hopefully this patch will fix that bug as well.

Last edited by Momurdamo; 18/11/15 11:38 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
It seems like it has been very very quite from Larian on follow up with EE in terms of how well it has been doing for them and the patches seems to cover but a sliver of issues reported more than once.

When the original version came out, they were happy to share this information and we're a bit more aggressive with bug squashing.

So is there any "State of the EE comments" Larian would like to share with us as well with patch plans?

Good post. It seems the forum members have been skirting this issue, but it's time it is adressed. I don't think I'm stepping on any toes when I say that the Enhanced Edition isn't very enhanced at all, with the staggering amount of bugs and issues piling up.

I'm actually surprised that Larian released what appears to be a rush job. That is not up to their usual standards. Then there is the fact that after an enormous media blitz to promote it, they're now completely failing to communicate. After almost two newsletters a week, this silence is very strange indeed.

I think an update is way overdue. Keeping silent doesn't help anyone, and just raises tensions in the community.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard