Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PiJaei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
In the original game, the turn order was determined at start of combat and processed in a linear fashion. In the Enhanced Edition, this does not alway seem to be the case. Some characters seem to have more turns than others without disabling effects beeing involved. I noticed this especially if the nasty "Initiative Improvement Aura" is involved so I suspect a high initiative leads to more turns.
Is my perception correct? If yes, can anybody please tell me how turn order is determined?
---
(The game overall is great, by the way)

journeyman
journeyman
To me it seems to be a combination of your initiative, the enemy's initiative, status effects and defense skills, e.g. willpower, bodybuilding, etc.. Once a character is taken out it frequently ends up at the end of the queue and then gets worked back into the rotation based on its numbers. I know they use an algorithm to determine the order but I don't know what it is exactly.

P
PiJaei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Disabling status effects (effectiveness is influenced by willpower or bodybuilding) obviously prevent a charcters turn, they simply skip and get another chance on their next regular turn (due to my observations). But even without those the turn order sometimes does behave strangely. I can hardly imagine willpower and bodybuilding to have a direct impact, it does not make sense to me.
It may be solely determined by initiative, but I am unsure and it is difficult to plan in advance if I do not know the mechanics (and the bar at the top regularly ceases to function properly).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard