Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#576424 30/11/15 07:13 PM
Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have a level 6 Wizard as one of my main two characters (Tactician), specializing in 2 schools of magic with the intention of advancing them to the 5th Ability Level. Besides having a hard time finding useful talents, i'm underwhelmed by the selection of complimentary abilities.

I'm beginning to think I might as well just start advancing a third school of magic...

Thoughts, comments?

Originally i was thinking of leveling up Willpower... but it doesn't seem useful.

Koan #576428 30/11/15 08:25 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
The magics that are complimentary are geo/ pyro.....followed way behind by aero/ hydro. Geo is the set-up, whether it is oil or poison to the big boom of pyro. Early on by the far the easiest method of CC.

Koan #576430 30/11/15 08:47 PM
old hand
old hand
Tossing a point or two into your non-main skill trees is fine, though you won't be able to max out more than 2. All trees have useful novice skills.

Willpower is very useful. With independent and a point on gear, it only takes 5 skill points to get 5 willpower, which will save you from all kinds of nasty stuff. You can get walk it off and invest only a point or two in bodybuilding and you'll have pretty good resists overall.

Koan #576431 30/11/15 08:58 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
As to willpower and bodybuilding, whereas from an RPG perspective they are great ideas, from a practical perspective, status effects happen relatively infrequently and none of the status effects are nearly material enough to have any points placed into these things unless you have nothing else to spend them on...and you need to have at least 4 (60%) to make them statistically significant at any rate....wasted points or wasted gear.

Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Baardvark
Tossing a point or two into your non-main skill trees is fine, though you won't be able to max out more than 2. All trees have useful novice skills.

It takes 15 points to max a skill tree. Isn't it possible to max 3 skill trees with the 49 total available points?

Koan #576512 02/12/15 04:06 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Koan

It takes 15 points to max a skill tree. Isn't it possible to max 3 skill trees with the 49 total available points?

Yes, but you won't be able to do anything else of worth except max those three trees.

Stabbey #576513 02/12/15 04:34 PM
Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Koan

Yes, but you won't be able to do anything else of worth except max those three trees.

My point being that there is nothing else of worth allocating points in for spellcasters.

Koan #576514 02/12/15 04:55 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Say what??? Dual wielding should be the first thing you get to 4....your wands cause BY FAR the most damage you do in the game and Master spells aren't available until levels 12-15...the good ones 15.

Bringing the AP down to 3 for dual wielding should be a priority which would be clear if the game wasn't so easy from the combat perspective....save for the 1-shot whole party kills from a few enemies and land mines (which is just BS and not part of actual "combat" anyway).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard