Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Anyone have any recommendations for a good starting party for someone that hasn't played something like this since Baldur's Gate? Looking for suggestions. Thinking wayfarer and a mage but don't know best mage or how to progress either as game goes on. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Support
Support

If you just started a game, by now you may already have a better idea of what you want and how the game works from the initial combat encounters. If not:

The companions you can pick up early in the game include a 2 handed warrior, water/air mage, bow ranger and dual dagger wielding scoundrel, though you can develop them however you wish as they level. A party can easily have multiple mages, or a couple warriors or archers (I wouldn't have then use the same weapon type, though), but I don't know how having more than one rogue would work (have not seen anyone report doing that).

A balanced party works best, having a variety of melee/magic/ranged attacks/spells/skills to be able to adapt to different situations. Of course some overlap is fine (especially once you are familiar with the game), and you may want some or all character to know some healing or boost spells (like Oath of Desecration), or have a ranger learn the Teleportation spell, etc.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Agree with Raze in that party make-up shouldn't be a huge concern on explorer or normal as the largest challenges you will face in combat will be through level 10.

The same challenge level is true for tactician/ honour, but I wouldn't want to play on honour without 2 mages with CC skills. In honour you can't save-scum so letting large groups of enemies get close enough for melee is not preferable as even the smallest hits like a truck.

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Thank you for the response, can you tell me what a CC skills is though?

journeyman
journeyman
CC is crowd control, i.e. abilities that allow you to eliminate the actions of a number of enemies for a certain time. For example a mass stun or mass paralysis, mass sleep, stuff like that.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard