Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Is it possible to have all 4 companions in your party in single player?
If so could someone make a mod that does this?

old hand
old hand
It might be with the editor, but don't think it's possible right now. And a six character party is going to just roll through the game (unless you mean just the 4 companions? Don't think that'd work.)

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I mean have the two main guys and all 4 companions so you don't have to switch back and forth to do all their quest stuff, easier to just have them all in the party and play on harder level.

Plus it would just be cool to have them all in the party smile

Plus I don't cast allot of spells as its kinda tedious, I prefer to just shoot and stab stuff smile

I remember there was some thing in a file where you could just change a number from 2 to 4 somewhere here?

EDIT: Like this

In the story goal "Global", in the INIT section you'll see these lines:
DB_Compcount(0);
DB_CompMax(2);
Simply change DB_CompMax(2); to DB_CompMax(4);

does this work as I'm asking still? Also if it does, where is the file?

Last edited by ShadowTek; 04/12/15 07:59 PM.
old hand
old hand
That might work, but we still need the editor to build the story. The story code is just in text files in Mods/Main/Story/RawFiles (after unpacking one of the .Pak files, can't remember which one), but changes won't work until we have a way to essentially reintegrate the changes into the story. Not sure if we can even edit the main scripts, might just be able to add them (though maybe we could make a separate script that just sets DB_CompMax(4).)

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
What about hex editing the 2 to 4?

old hand
old hand
Dunno, maybe? If you can hex edit an .osb/osi file, it might be possible, but don't know how to go about that myself. Should be easy with the editor, but who knows when that'll come out.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I could try if I knew exactly how to get to the correct file, I'm not bad with hex editing

old hand
old hand
Get Norbyte's extractor tool (EE Pak Extractor thread), and unpack Main.PAK, or Game.Pak, or one of those. Don't remember which one exactly has the right folders. But when you find one with Mods/Main/Story/Rawfiles, you got the right one. Pretty sure you'll need to edit story.div.osb and/or story.div.osi. Not sure why there's two files, but I guess just edit both? You're on your own from there, because I don't know if hex editing those files will work, or if the changes will take. You might consider finding another really obvious thing to change in case the max companion count is also determined by something else, and you can't tell if your change just didn't work or if it's been overridden.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Warning, RANT

Here's what I don't get..

Why don't the developers answer these kind of questions?

If I've learned one thing about PC games, its that modability drastically increases the life of a game, and a game like this could go on forever if it we had the right tools. Mods are still being made for Oblivion, hell, even Morrowing and this game is like Baulders Gate, well, kinda..

Yes I get they are busy, so is human kind, EVERYONE that has a job usually work long hours, the developers here are no different, its just a job. Granted one they may (hopefully) love, but no different then anyone else in the world that works for a living.

I don't get the silence from them (Ive read allot of the forums here) its almost like they think they are above posting here when in fact they are no different then any other working human.

I don't get why we are on our own here with this.

aaaaannnd.....
/rant

Just saying

old hand
old hand
Yeah, it's frustrating, but, well, let's be happy they're going to invest more energy into modding for D:OS 2 at least. They're probably still setting up the modding support stuff, and they might wait for near release of D:OS2 to really support modding on a detailed level like answering forum questions. Also, it's hard for a game's modding scene to thrive when the sequel (or, say, the enhanced edition) is on the horizon. Info on when the editor will be out would be nice, though.

N
addict
addict
N
The DB_CompMax value is at 0x37234E in both story.div.osi and story.div.osb. Changing it with a hex editor shouldn't be a problem afaik.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Sounds like you know what you are doing, don't suppose you could post that as a mod would you?

N
addict
addict
N

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks man! I'll check it out, much appreciated Norbyte!!

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
OK I tested it out, I can't get a 3th companion to join as it says there is no room left in your party?

Link Copied to Clipboard