Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I have a couple of questions regarding the four player mod for Div: EE. I figured I’d make a separate thread instead of looking through pages of (potentially) outdated information and cluttering the thread with my own questions. Here we go D:

Does only the host need to have this mod to work, or do all players need it?

Can we make four customizable characters, or can we only use 2 customs + 2 companions?

Can the host play as a companion?

Should I plan on playing solo until I have both companions that we want to play with? Can they spectate until their characters are gathered?

How stable is this mod in its current iteration? Does it crash a lot or require a lot of debugging?

Are there any other problems I should consider before using this?

A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Out of the sixty people that looked at this knowing I would have questions on the 4p mod... not one of you can answer a single question >_>?

Support
Support

I have not tried it, but most likely all 4 players would need the mod, and you will need to use 2 companions.

Last edited by Raze; 16/12/15 12:18 AM. Reason: incorrect assumption
T
stranger
stranger
T
I used the 4 player mod back before EE, and recently used it again (wouldn't bother playing this game otherwise after EE.)

Does only the host need to have this mod to work, or do all players need it?
Currently I host and I am the only one that needs to do the extraction/modifications.

Can we make four customizable characters, or can we only use 2 customs + 2 companions?
It does not change any character creation, it simply allows an additional 2 people to control characters. Essentially you will still have 2 created characters and the same ol companions.

Can the host play as a companion?
I believe so, sometimes I receive a warning that each player must control the main character even though we are. I just click ok and ignore it, haven't utilized it in this way extensively myself.

Should I plan on playing solo until I have both companions that we want to play with? Can they spectate until their characters are gathered?
You can alter it so that someone controls nobody, and yup they pretty much spectate. Its a little buggy because sometimes they lose their UI when attempting to control a character afterwards but my bro rectifies this by restarting the game.

How stable is this mod in its current iteration? Does it crash a lot or require a lot of debugging?
In the notes it states you shouldn't receive errors if you re-extract and modify the files after the patch. I followed the instructions but now receive an error at the main menu. Something about only being able to play single player due to the bad main/mod file...however I just click "ok" and ignore it, 4 player mod still works. Seems really stable to me, in all the hours I have played.

Are there any other problems I should consider before using this?
None that I know of, as always save a bunch in case your friend creates a comical situation, happens to some of mine who aren't that experienced but them finding out the hard way is half the fun!

A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Awesome! Really appreciate the answers.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard