Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cyseal Offline OP
OP Offline
Please could you write a story and model a city underwater for DOS2?
The underwater city would have a giant dome above it and could have some secrets, quests, mysteries, unusual characters and athmosphere.

Or maybe party would need to learn a skill how to magically breath underwater.

Thanks

Last edited by cyseal; 12/12/15 02:55 PM.
cyseal Offline OP
OP Offline
In addition I would like environments will be in this spirit http://photobucket.com/images/feywild%20town

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by cyseal; 25/12/15 08:24 AM.
cyseal Offline OP
OP Offline
What is your opinion about environments?
Who is art director and designer for DOS2?

old hand
old hand
I believe we'll be visiting locations relevant to dwarves (mountains), lizards (subterranean perhaps?), elves (forests maybe), humans, and maybe something specific to undead. Plus the spirit realm place. Should be a variety of locales and environments, but doubt an underwater city will show. They did a fairly good job of variety of environments in D:OS1, and the island seemed fairly interesting to look at in the release footage, so I have good hopes. They've talked a lot about designing stuff specific to the races, and Swen's inspiration of the dunes from his homeland for the island we saw, so it's obviously something they care about quite a bit. Not sure who the art director is.

cyseal Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Baardvark
I believe we'll be visiting locations relevant to dwarves (mountains), lizards (subterranean perhaps?), elves (forests maybe), humans, and maybe something specific to undead. Plus the spirit realm place. Should be a variety of locales and environments, but doubt an underwater city will show. They did a fairly good job of variety of environments in D:OS1, and the island seemed fairly interesting to look at in the release footage, so I have good hopes. They've talked a lot about designing stuff specific to the races, and Swen's inspiration of the dunes from his homeland for the island we saw, so it's obviously something they care about quite a bit. Not sure who the art director is.

I suggested underwater city under the dome and theese environments because the lore permits unlimited possibilites of the worlds and realms.
Maybe some of the dwarves left the mountains and settled in abandoned underwater city which poses the question who did live here? There could be some witty quest lines attached to this.

I wish spirit of theese locations will be in the game. Lorewise, they could be explored via realm portals.

Last edited by cyseal; 27/12/15 09:16 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by cyseal

Maybe some of the dwarves left the mountains and settled in abandoned underwater city which poses the question who did live here?

I definitely like the idea of having some non-cliche dwarf environments.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard