Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Really Impressed with Original Sin Enhanced Edition.
(210 Hours and still not in the Source Temple!)

Some of my observations and opinions for the Developers of Original Sin 2.

Original Sin Enhanced Edition was Amazing! There is so much more that it could be though!
For instance Johan's story could have been so much deeper.

In Original Sin 2 I already know you are working on deeper narratives and deeper characterization.

But I hope you guys don't just use the same spells over and over from the first game.

I think Original Sin 2 needs Epic Spells (your Source Spells?). Tornado's that you can add fire to, Witch Spells like Claws ripping the ground causing Decay and Bleeding, etc. And a reworking of all spells and there animations. I think Source Spells should not just look like other spells(fire looks like fire, ice looks like ice etc) Source Spells should be Special.

Take Original Sin 2 to the next level after all.

Also how about Decapitation animations for final strikes in battle.

I hope you guys add more Weather , Strong winds that cause slowing, lighting that hits trees and makes them burn during a storm.

How about Winds and Storms in a battle that blow characters out of position?

Music(I won't really comment on this since the composer is no longer around) Instead I will comment on music directing.
"Have the Composer create a theme that represents the main story theme/Idea. Take that theme and Create different arrangements to use through out the game.

Arrangements will use different emotions(Example)
Pads, flute with Melody and Harp creating a ambient soft mood, verses the Orchestra, Strings Horns play main theme as Monophonic Romantic Style(Winds as Swirls and trills and all that as Strings and Horns Play the theme together. This creates an Epic Mood, Adventurous etc.

Different arrangements of a theme go a long way.
Even using Motifs from the Theme would help a lot!

Think of Music like your Narrative.

Music Dynamics. Just because the Mix has to be compressed doesn't mean all the Dynamics has to be sucked out of the compositions. Make the mix sound alive!

I would like to see Epic Creatures of Higher Level and way more variety in the game too. But have creatures stick to the Lore. I want to see Demons play a Deeper Role in the story and have them look different, more variety again. Have Demons play a deeper role in the story as deception.

I think your Titans of Elements should be reworked. I thought the Titans were silly looking(once again to much humor)

A Darker under theme to the story. Like I said Johan's Story could have been a game in it's self! That was really good Narrative!

Keep the Humor out of your main Narrative Please.

Would like you guys to use Height more. Towers that are impossibly high as a dungeon. I would like to see more variety of Dungeons too.

Some Ideas for you guys. What you did with Original Sin Enhanced Edition is Very Very Good, Truly Amazing! I was really impressed and still playing it when I can find time. *playing it since it came out in October!*

yo
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by StrangeCat

Keep the Humor out of your main Narrative Please.

Please don't. I like it just the way it is. I really appreciate the humour in the game. Of course some of it is silly. But so what? It's not like all of my jokes in real life are good or funny. I liked the humour in D:OS.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Keeping humor out of the main narrative is something i strongly disagree with.
This is a larian game, humor is part of what they do.

Humor does enhance a narrative.
For me personally, most recent games that tried to go super serious actually had me care less about the story.

Id actually like to give a very *odd* example of Humor in a main storyline since its from an MMO.
Anyone here played the Orsinium DLC for ESO?

One of the main Characters of that DLC, King Kurog has this extreme juxtapose between humor and seriousness. On one hand, he kills people on the drop of a hat, on the other hand you can see him eating half a roast pig because he can, sitting in his own cornerclub because hes a king and he can do what he wants.

Its a character that, surprsingly for an MMO and for a TES game, actually works realy well.

Trying to be super serious rids you of opportunities and makes you look like a try hard.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard