Next Thread
Print Thread
#577254 20/12/15 03:52 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello guys and gals. Name is frank, been streaming divinity for quite some time now and i came to the realization that:

Path to greatness is... repetitive

-Apparently there is no real options to what routes you can take in the game. You are always forced to start the game on Cyseal which is fine but then you have to pretty much always take the left side of the map and then work your way to the right side of the map. I know this was intended on purpose but it feels that my hand is being holded and guided threw the maze, if you know what i mean.

Blunt me up

-As honor mode is the most difficult mode, you are forced to use any advantage you can get to fight the forces of EVIL!! but... it kind of forced you to start with a blunt weapon if you really want to beat the skeletons without much problems.

Level is too dam important...

-No fancy tittle here, why is level more important than tactics in this game? Part of a turn-based game is the aspact of strategy in order to try and predict your opponents movement on the next turn but here is mostly about level. The level will guide what monsters you have to kill in order to go from monster A to monster B and so on.

TLDR: Make the next Divinity have different options/path/weapons you can start with, right now seems a bit too linear.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
No question, in the beginning of the game, the followable path is linear, but so are just about all RPG's; if enemies do not scale (few games do) then this is the only way to proceed, so I am not positive what the possible complaint would be here; the game does not force you to go West to South to East, you are more than free to charge right up to the church; same as in Witcher you can charge right towards a Gryphon or Inquisition you can charge right at whatever rift you want closed.....the results will all be the same, but hey, you had a choice smile

As to blunt weapons; I have played through this game 7 times, not once did I pick up a blunt weapon; beating the skeletons does require tactics over brawn...if you chose a playstyle that forces you to engage in melee combat, you are limiting your own options.

Don't get me wrong, I have my complaints with this game (every game has its problems), but your issues I definitely don't share and, on a limited budget, I wouldn't want Larian to produce a game that tried, in any way, to address this issue, rather than give us more of the same on a grander scale (fixing the talents should be job 1).

D
stranger
stranger
D
While i agree that some areas are pretty much impossible with level 1 or 2 characters, i don't think the path is so linear as you make it to be. It is very much possible to beat enemies who are 2 or even 3 levels higher than you as long as you have the right tactics and skills. I actually did the "mistake" of challenging the higher level opponents too early and because of it, now my characters are overleveled for some of the areas which makes them too easy.

As for blunt weapons, ive beaten plenty skeletons without them, so they aren't necessary in the least. Only with piercing weapons have i noticed any serious damage reductions.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard