Print Thread
#577257 20/12/15 05:15 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi,

I just unlocked the Teller of Secrets and was quite disappointed to see that there were no book in her inventory...

I tried reloading various previous saves, but everytime I get to the Teller of Secrets, there are still no book in her inventory.

Is there a way to avoid this bug or to "cheat" to get the two books?

Thanks.

Support
Support

I have not seen a way reported to avoid this problem, if it occurs, and short of hex editing the save file, I don't think there is a way to give yourself the effect the books would have (don't know if there may be a mod to make the boos respawn, or something).

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Well that sucks...

Is this a reported bug? If it is, is it expected to get fixed in the next patch?

Thanks.

Support
Support

Yes, and I don't know.

If you wish you can email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run the AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; just leave a save before opening, or first entering, the hall of secrets (if available), otherwise your most recent save before opening the portal and oldest after.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the same bug. Also, I have the bug where you buy the secrets and nothing appears on your map.

Support
Support

Have you checked the maps in different areas? Which map was it? Depending on how far you are in the game, it may be have been added to a map you don't have access to yet; check the Secrets section of the log.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same problem here frown

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard