Print Thread
#577829 31/12/15 05:53 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi Everybody

THANKS SO MUCH for the Linux port. It runs great on my laptop (after tweaking the runner script to use primus). Every well-optimized, high production game on Linux gets us closer to viability, so thanks for delivering.

However, the game does not regonize the Steam Controller in gamepad-mode. If I use a mapping that sends KB/M input, it works, but I get no response in-game if I want to use a regular gamepad mapping. Plugging in a Dualshock4 over USB works perfectly.

I'm a little surprised for this to be the case since SteamOS bundles Steam Controllers and all... am I doing it wrong?

BTW, this is 64-bit Ubuntu 15.04.

stranger
stranger
Just checking: you are starting DOSEE from steam big picture mode with overlay enabled? Because you need steam big picture mode in overlay mode as a "driver". Else the controller will send KB/M.
And just checking: does gamepad mode work on any other game?
There are a few problems one encounters:
To translate controller to gamepad, big picture needs to create a virtual joystick using uinput. It needs the right to do that.
To read the controller, it needs to have raw access to the controller usb device node. Else it would always be a KB/M.
DOSEE worked for me out-of-the-box in gamepad mode. But Eurotrucker 2 ignores the steam big picture mode translation, and I get a nice clean KB/M and "no you don't have a controller, I really double checked". (Gyro mode would be so cool on eurotrucker 2 ;-) ).
I am running debian/jessie @ 64 bit myself.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard