Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I found a way to alter the HP, resistances, and initiative of the enemy. Now the game is much harder and EVERYTHING you do counts.
Before, after getting used to the game a little, I did not even bother to level up in the beginning or even craft. I did not have to care, the game was way too easy for a turn based rpg.
Now every encounter has the possibility to turn bad. I pay attention to crafting, leveling, and everything to help my heroes survive.
The changes I have made should have been close to this from the start, or at least the game should have had a REAL hardcore mode as an option.

CHANGES:

HP now at +100% more for the enemy, up from 20% in tactical mode.

WILL PWR and BODYBLD up +1 each for the enemy, giving them 15% more resistance to CC type of attacks.

INIT up +3, to help the enemy act first in some cases, instead of being last most of the time.

So far these changes have been working great. Melee enemies have the HP to reach my heroes. Enemy casters stay alive just long enough to get off some spells. If you get too over confident, you may find yourself in a situation where you die before you can even teleport out.

Not only this, but also playing on HONOR mode. Talk about consequences!!!

FUN...................

old hand
old hand
For those who want to know how to do this, see this thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/373420/discussions/0/487876568235302989/

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
You crazy man!

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
hey, I could do this halfway thru + saves wouldn't get all messed up, right?

where is this characters.txt file I'm supposed to be editing?

Last edited by spellkowski; 27/01/16 02:26 AM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I am not sure if you can change these things on the fly for saved games also, you would have to test it. The character.txt file is in the Main.pak file, you need to extract or download a mod that includes it already extracted.

old hand
old hand
You can modify this at any time during your journey, you don't have to start a new.

And yes just messing with your characters handful of stats and the AI's can make the game much more inline to what I feel a Hard should feel like. For example, the OP went heavy on NPC HP's which isn't bad, however depending on how you like to play that will make the game harder but the battle longer to. Another option is to give the AI more AP per round, that allows them more things they can do often. Yes to either up'ing AI Initiative or dropping your own Initiative down, when you are always in the front of the pecking order that makes the battle a lot easier, getting it inline where you can show up anywhere seems to be ideal for strategy.

OP since you now have done this, the next area to make changes if you were wanting to dig deeper yet would be reviewing and tweaking of spells. It has been improved in EE, but I think there is still room for improvement there.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard