Next Thread
Print Thread
#579763 27/02/16 04:15 AM
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I've recently begun my very first run through Divinity OS EE on the PC via the Steam platform.

I started cold turkey and while I was kickstarter backer and received a boxed copy of the game and a manual, I didn't read it... I just wanted to start the game cold and don't mind if I have to restart.

So far I'm doing well. I've made it to Silverglen. The little bit I've looked online has revealed that I've basically created a gimped party... allocating points into things deemed worthless and relying on skills that are 'wrong.' Still, I'm having fun with my gimpy party and I'll keep going for as long as I can.

I just have two questions at the moment. When I first installed the game and launched it for the first time, I created a player profile and I called it, 'Party 1'

First, what is the profile for? I'm assuming that a collection of savegames falls under each separate profile? Is this correct?

Next, and perhaps more worrisome, is that on the main menu screen, just above the 'Continue' button, I see my profile (Party 1)... but when I click on the Profiles Button, there is nothing in the window that lists profile except the words, 'Please Create A Profile To Continue.'

Ever since I noticed this, I've been manually copying my savegames to a backup location on my computer 'just in case' something weird happens. Am I at risk of anything weird happening to my savegames? If I re-create the profile 'party 1' will I mess things up further?

Thanks for any help.

a_wife_01 glares at you threatengingly, ready to divorce!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Profiles are there so that you can play co-op with others, maintain different settings or different versions of the game (modded or not).

As i've never had the need to create a second one, i cannot be sure if this is the case but i believe the option is unavailable to you precisely because you've only got one smile

Did you think to make a second profile, see what happens, before asking here?

Pride, honour and purity
Larian Studios
Larian Studios

The current profile is not listed in the Profiles window, since you don't need to switch to the current profile.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Thanks Raze - that makes sense and clears things up. I didn't want to try to do anything until I had more info as with some of the save game issues I've come across I didn't want to do anything that might mess up my progress. Thanks again.

a_wife_01 glares at you threatengingly, ready to divorce!
enthusiast
enthusiast
This doesn't make sense to me. I tried to create a character for myself on a different profile, but then when I re-went in, and tried to play co-op on my "first" "co-op" profile, it loaded the character from the other profile.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

Do you mean loaded as in the default characters in a new game? Or after loading a save?

Try exiting out of the game, browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\LevelCache' folder and delete the contents, the restart the game, and check a new game or existing saves.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard