Next Thread
Print Thread
#581018 02/04/16 05:08 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I have a problem. I was messing around with a simple level in a standalone mod. I have created a terrain object, some water, some props and some walls. During editing, I decided to remove a wall and I got an error, and I was unable to interact with anything except the play test button. Tried restarting the editor and now I can't edit my terrain and if I try to remove it I get the error "The object is locked by source control". I remember this problem existing back before enhanced edition. Has anyone found a way to fix it? It seems like something intentional that exists to make it easier to do something without removing the terrain by accident ect.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same problem here, expecially with terrains. It's starting to annoyng me a lot and I have to recreate my scene everytime.

journeyman
journeyman
Hi

I'm not sure why exactly it happens. Does it happen after you publish your mod?

Anyway, as a small solution you can try

1. close the editor
2. go to EE files, find you mod
3. right click on it's folder, select Properties (I think it's properties in the english windows, but not sure)
4. Take a look at Read Only attribute, if it's checked - unckeck it and hit OK

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I found the solution. The reason was that the editor preferences had "EditorDataPath" pointed to a different location compared to the editor launcher. So when I created a mod and saved it, it saves the terrain in the wrong spot.

Last edited by Anders K-R; 12/04/16 01:13 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard