Now that the Divinity Engine for Enhanced Edition is out on Steam, I have started work on making a version of my single player module "Journey of the Lone Wolf" work for EE.
This is the development thread for the module conversion.
Here's what I have gotten to work so far:
1. Changed Character_Player2 so that they are not marked as as IsPlayer(), and removed the Character_Player2.IsPlayer() function from the DOS_Start Story file.
Removed Player2 from being added to character creation as well.
Only one player shows on character creation and the dialogue/story works properly with one character upon entering the game (up through the tutorial dungeon anyways).
2. Mostly copy-pasted the Ability/Skill/Talent point code from Journey of the Lone Wolf such that the player gets the points upon reaching Cyseal beach.
3. For the pressure plates in the tutorial dungeon, copied them to my module and changed their Off event so that the doors remain open.
As far as I can tell, the pressure plates leading to the Endgame were removed. If there is anything in Enhanced Edition that now requires both players, please let me know.
With that being said, the first major issue that I have encountered is in the Character Creation screen. I cannot customize Player1 at all (although I can enter the game with the default character that is created). Clicking "Customize" leads to a freeze and trying to change the class does absolutely nothing.
To Do List:
1. Fix the Character Creation Screen so that Player 1 can be customized.
2. See how Zixzax reacts to there only being one player.
The distance check that I had modified in the Classic mod has been changed/removed in Enhanced Edition, so I'm not sure how he'll work until I get to him.