Print Thread
#582272 18/05/16 02:07 PM
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Playing the EE.

I guess, one of my main chars will be a Fire / Earth Mage, cuz the one companion i get has Air / Water.

So my other main will be a dagger rouge or a archer. What is easier to play?

What Talents / Status Points should i skill? I heard that Glas Cannon for the rouge is not bad, but i don't know how it plays in this game.

I play on normal difficulty.

Support
Support

An archer would probably be easier, though I have not played a rouge. Some people don't like rogues in the EE since you can no longer Sneak repeatedly in combat for zero AP like D:OS Classic, but some do, and there are multiple builds (including a dual dagger mage, possibly using daggers just for the attribute bonuses, or using touch range spells, as well).

Daggers are better

Keeping the rogue viking legend alive! (or how to: make rogue feel decent)

Bows are better

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Character/Party Guide

Tactician/EE/Advanced Guide - especially playing on classic difficulty, you really don't need to min/max your characters, but this guide gives a good overview to start with

W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
2 Questions:

1. Is there another key to highlight items on the ground as ALT? Cuz it seems it won't highlight boxes or crates.

2. Can i only use 3 skills? Ofc i can only use three skills from scoundrel if it's level 1 (novice), but why i can't use man-at-arms skills where my level is 1 too? I mean, why i can't select 3 scoundrel and 3 man-at-arms skills at the same time?

Support
Support

No, there isn't an alternate 'highlight everything' function. Alt doesn't show some containers, 'junk' items or some things meant to be secret (hidden keys, etc).

You can only select 3 skills during character creation. They can be from 1 to 3 different schools, if you have a point in the applicable ability. After character creation you can find or buy skill books to add more.

W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
I see. And i can only see these hidden keys if i got high PER?

And how does "Sneaking" and the Talent "Guerilla" work in fights?

And for "Back stabber", do i have to stand behind an enemy?

Last edited by westpoint; 22/05/16 05:07 PM.
Support
Support

Yes, a higher perception can help, or mousing over them or moving an object that is covering another, etc.

Sneaking works the same in combat as out, though higher levels do not reduce the AP cost to sneak, so it is more useful for initial positioning than as a tactic to use repeatedly.

Yes. When you mouse over a target to attack, an indicator will show a cone where you need to stand to be behind it (if you can backstab).

W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Hmm, that seems pretty complicated. I think a Warrior with dual wield and one with 2handed is surely easier to play and has more sustain. It seems for me, you don't need a good positioning as a warrior, but for a rogue, at least if you want the bonus backstab damage, you need it.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I've been playing through different ways on Tactician in preparation for Honour Mode. Although I loved the rogue in the original, in Enhanced I feel that they were nerfed to not quite perform as well as the other classes. This is always debatable, and shouldn't dissuade you from using one, though, if you want! Play what you enjoy. Always. Never forget this is your recreational time to enjoy, and you should build whatever composition you enjoy regardless of what might be 'best.' Even Honour Mode can be accomplished with a multitude of builds - nothing is going to cripple you - only require some adjustment of your playing style.

That said, I do believe that the Archer (Bairdotr) is incredibly good for players for the simple reason that she is insanely easy to use. For starters, she certainly has the range to stay back and play the battlefield with limited risk, whereas using a Rogue requires a bit more precision when utilizing elements on the battlefield. You'll have to be much more careful with your fire/poison/oils/grenades et cetera. This, of course, can be mitigated substantially using essences to enchant the necessary resists or utilizing abilities like Winged Feet in conjunction with elemental shields, but suffice it to say you have to be cautious of friendly fire and AP usage.

The second issue is that of being up in combat and prone to take more hits. The Stench feat will be beneficial, however again you have to worry about more 'front line' combatants instead of keeping good range. Finally, I'd say the maneuvering for backstabs on a consistent basis is fun to do, but also requires you to be more precise with your tactics/battlefield control.

A piece of advice - don't hesitate to get clever with your builds. This game is essentially 'classless,' aside from a couple beginning points. Not to mention that you can hire mercenaries of almost any type now at the End of Time in the Companion's Hall. Try out some fun ideas. Instead of a traditional tank, try out a caster-tank that utilizes low AP, close range touch spells in conjunction with Man-At-Arms. Throw one simple point into Scoundrel on Jahan so you have Invisibility (Walk in Shadows), Winged Feet (Immune to surfaces), and Fast Track (Haste.) Have fun and grab Witchcraft 2 on all characters, so you can run four charms and the massive number of debuffs/buffs that come with that (Oath of Desecration, Malediction, Decaying Touch, Lower Resistances, etc.) Make Bairtodr your tank, just because you can (On second thought, maybe not.)

Point is, the number one thing that opened this game to enjoy so much more was realizing that your builds are only limited by your imagination. Have fun and best of luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard