Print Thread
E
Echo123 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Hi

I am currently using SniperHF's 4 player character creation mod and it works fine. Can I edit something to make it 6?(by making minor changes to some files perhaps?)

old hand
old hand
You'd have to extract it from the pak file and implement the changes via the editor.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Echo123
Hi

I am currently using SniperHF's 4 player character creation mod and it works fine. Can I edit something to make it 6?(by making minor changes to some files perhaps?)

Yes you can (see below).

I have downloaded both mods, extracted them and looked at what they do.

The 4 player mod seems to do nothing but change the number of players in the mod's meta file, changing one number from 2 to 4. (I have not found ANYTHING else in the unpacked mod and I have no idea, how that works, Do you have to use hired companions as player 3 and 4 ? Seems tempting to implement a real 4 player mod, but I have no idea, how to adjust the character creation screen so that 4 instead of 2 characters could be edited. Think a mod for DOS Classic might have that done that ;-)

With the six man party mod, I advise you NEVER to take the Lone Wolf talent, not for balancing reasons but because the minimal story code the mod uses has a problem dealing with it, and I do not mean the part, that you can still have two companions if both players have Lone Wolf but because of internal stuff in the story code. (What could happen, I'd call 'Event Jittering' ;-)

Also, there might be some hickups in endgame (the Gnik Barc Nni - King Crab Inn) with teleporting companions due to unadjusted code.

A problem could arise if your companion's go to prison (e.g. for stealing), because the mod does not provide code for their own prison chests and has not placed any prison chests ... but the other existing code expects those chests.
So do not let your companions go to prison, specifically the fifth and sixth hired companion might cause problems, because they do not have their own prison chests and the current code would have nothing to put their stuff in. I have no idea how the game would react. (They might simply stay dressed and armed unlike the first 4 party members, I haven't looked THAT closely into the existing code ;-).

There may be more problems, but those are the code places I already found that can cause problems with more than 2 companions enabled ... without any further code changes.

If you want to make the 6 man party mod '4 playerable', you have to edit it and change the number of companions in the mod's meta.
I don't know if downloaded mods are editable in the editor, but at least they show up in the mod selection menu of the editor. You can give it a try, the worst thing that could happen would be a nasty error message about not being able to write changes, but nothing bad should happen.
When the mod is loaded in the game editor, open the menu 'Modding', chose 'Module Settings' change 'Number of Players' from 2 to 4 in the dialog that opens and click the 'Save' button.
(Looks like the 4 player mod's author has done little more than that when he created it, setting startup level and menu level. At least I could not find anything else in the unpacked mod.)

If doing that does not produce some 'not writable' error (and the editor does not silently discard your change without actually writing it), you are done.

If not, you have to unpack the Mod (SixManParty), copy it into the correct directory (or unpack it there directly, which I would not advise), remove the mods pak file (rename it so that the game and editor do no longer find it, unsubscribing in Steam does NOT remove the file, but should be done anyway, so that Steam does not re-download it), start up the editor, choose the mod and do the same single change as above. Writing should work now.

You could also simply change one line in the mod's meta file Mods\SixmanPartyMod-SOME-SUPER-LONG-UUID\meta.lsx in some text editor (not in Windows Notepad, but in some other 'real' text editor like Notepad++ or UltraEdit) from

<attribute id="NumPlayers" value="2" type="1" />
to
<attribute id="NumPlayers" value="4" type="1" />

The 'Module Settings' dialog in the game editor would change exactly that.

(It is important that you use the six player mod as a base for editing 4 player one. Would be possible of course, but requires a lot more things you would not want to do ... a lot.)

Final solution would be to ask Master Baardvark himself to make that change and re-upload it as 'SixManPartyWithDifficultyIncrease (4-Player-enabled)', because starting the editor and loading his mod into the editor would take longer than him making this simple change ;-)

E
Echo123 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by FrauBlake
Originally Posted by Echo123
Hi

Yes you can (see below).

I have downloaded both mods, extracted them and looked at what they do.

The 4 player mod seems to do nothing but change the number of players in the mod's meta file, changing one number from 2 to 4. (I have not found ANYTHING else in the unpacked mod and I have no idea, how that works, Do you have to use hired companions as player 3 and 4 ? Seems tempting to implement a real 4 player mod, but I have no idea, how to adjust the character creation screen so that 4 instead of 2 characters could be edited. Think a mod for DOS Classic might have that done that ;-)

With the six man party mod, I advise you NEVER to take the Lone Wolf talent, not for balancing reasons but because the minimal story code the mod uses has a problem dealing with it, and I do not mean the part, that you can still have two companions if both players have Lone Wolf but because of internal stuff in the story code. (What could happen, I'd call 'Event Jittering' ;-)

Also, there might be some hickups in endgame (the Gnik Barc Nni - King Crab Inn) with teleporting companions due to unadjusted code.

A problem could arise if your companion's go to prison (e.g. for stealing), because the mod does not provide code for their own prison chests and has not placed any prison chests ... but the other existing code expects those chests.
So do not let your companions go to prison, specifically the fifth and sixth hired companion might cause problems, because they do not have their own prison chests and the current code would have nothing to put their stuff in. I have no idea how the game would react. (They might simply stay dressed and armed unlike the first 4 party members, I haven't looked THAT closely into the existing code ;-).

There may be more problems, but those are the code places I already found that can cause problems with more than 2 companions enabled ... without any further code changes.

If you want to make the 6 man party mod '4 playerable', you have to edit it and change the number of companions in the mod's meta.
I don't know if downloaded mods are editable in the editor, but at least they show up in the mod selection menu of the editor. You can give it a try, the worst thing that could happen would be a nasty error message about not being able to write changes, but nothing bad should happen.
When the mod is loaded in the game editor, open the menu 'Modding', chose 'Module Settings' change 'Number of Players' from 2 to 4 in the dialog that opens and click the 'Save' button.
(Looks like the 4 player mod's author has done little more than that when he created it, setting startup level and menu level. At least I could not find anything else in the unpacked mod.)

If doing that does not produce some 'not writable' error (and the editor does not silently discard your change without actually writing it), you are done.

If not, you have to unpack the Mod (SixManParty), copy it into the correct directory (or unpack it there directly, which I would not advise), remove the mods pak file (rename it so that the game and editor do no longer find it, unsubscribing in Steam does NOT remove the file, but should be done anyway, so that Steam does not re-download it), start up the editor, choose the mod and do the same single change as above. Writing should work now.

You could also simply change one line in the mod's meta file Mods\SixmanPartyMod-SOME-SUPER-LONG-UUID\meta.lsx in some text editor (not in Windows Notepad, but in some other 'real' text editor like Notepad++ or UltraEdit) from

<attribute id="NumPlayers" value="2" type="1" />
to
<attribute id="NumPlayers" value="4" type="1" />

The 'Module Settings' dialog in the game editor would change exactly that.

(It is important that you use the six player mod as a base for editing 4 player one. Would be possible of course, but requires a lot more things you would not want to do ... a lot.)

Final solution would be to ask Master Baardvark himself to make that change and re-upload it as 'SixManPartyWithDifficultyIncrease (4-Player-enabled)', because starting the editor and loading his mod into the editor would take longer than him making this simple change ;-)

Well, I am using SniperHF's four player character creation mod. It allows you to create 4 players in the game character screen(1st one character screen lets you create 2 characters which are the source hunters, then another character screen appears and it allows you to create 2 more characters who actually work as companions. They are not henchmen as they have battle voices, which you set during character creation).

The six man party mod increases your maximum party size to 6. So you can hire upto 4 companions/henchmen, but still you can't create more than 2 characters.

What I was asking here is, a mix of two(but not like the one in the other thread)- 6 player character creation from the beginning(so basically, a 3rd player character screen)

Last edited by Echo123; 21/07/16 04:59 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Interesting!

If it works like I think it works, the second screen is a regular character creation screen that uses one of the actual henchman characters that are in the game. (You cannot recruit more than 10 henchmen because there are only 10 characters for them in Cyseal - 'hidden' below the Lighthouse ;-)
In that case, it could theoretically be possible to create a party of up to twelve characters. (Plus additional companions without any code change.)

I do not know if it would be even necessary to use the SixManParty extension for that, because that only controls the number of possible recruitable companions.

All characters placed in Cyseal except the two source hunters have the 'IsPlayer' checkbox in their character sheet unchecked, so they are missing some stuff the source hunters have.
(The two source hunters have absolutely nothing special except this one flag in their template. In the final game scene, their templates are even replaced by Imp character templates.)

Would be interesting to test what happens, if one added more than two 'real' players and put them all into the character creation screen ...
Until now I could never imagine how 4 characters and their stat overview would fit onto the screen, but if it is done pair by pair ....

If I guess right, to enable six players in creation, you need no six man party mod at all (except for the balancing changes maybe) but only need to change the above mentioned 'Number of Players' in the mods meta from 2 to 6 (or from 4 to 6 when using the 4 Player mod as a base.)

In the Editor you can actually create your own mod and do nothing but change the mod's meta info, that is
Starting Level - 'Character Creation', Menu Screen - 'Menuscreen_Cyseal' and Number of Players - 6, save, activate the mod and test ;-)
If I guess right, this would add 6 characters into char creation and without any further change will allow you to recruit two additional companions ... because that is in the games story code already and would have to be changed.

old hand
old hand
You basically have it right but you do have to do a few other things like add a MalePlayer and a FemalePlayer character, global them, and add them to the scripts. They also have to be scripted to teleport between the creation screen and cyseal as that's what trips the creation screen GUI to load again.

Also I don't use the existing henchmen, but use those added Male/Female player and add them to the companion database.

Far as adding them as "players", that's also do-able. The old version on classic worked this way. I elected to make them companions just to help ensure stuff doesn't break. Though the "companion" versions in my mod actually do get set as "isplayer" but the MakeCompanion procedure from main is what does it.

I'm pretty sure the IsPlayer property only dictates whether you can actually control the character. There might be some things hardcoded I'm not aware of though. But there are databases for them as either players or companions which dictate how the scripts handle them.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by SniperHF
You basically have it right but you do have to do a few other things like add a MalePlayer and a FemalePlayer character, global them, and add them to the scripts. They also have to be scripted to teleport between the creation screen and cyseal as that's what trips the creation screen GUI to load again.

Also I don't use the existing henchmen, but use those added Male/Female player and add them to the companion database.

Far as adding them as "players", that's also do-able. The old version on classic worked this way. I elected to make them companions just to help ensure stuff doesn't break. Though the "companion" versions in my mod actually do get set as "isplayer" but the MakeCompanion procedure from main is what does it.

I'm pretty sure the IsPlayer property only dictates whether you can actually control the character. There might be some things hardcoded I'm not aware of though. But there are databases for them as either players or companions which dictate how the scripts handle them.

Ahh, the great SniperHF, the Bringer of Rain, the Slayer of Theodokles, ... just kidding ;-)

I don't think, the 'old' 4 Player mod was meant but the one that recently was in the top 3 in Steam.
I unpacked it and it has the meta file with NumPlayers="4" ... and nothing else. (Unless Norbyte's tool does not work anymore, which I don't think.)

I was just curious how 4 characters would fit on the creation screen to find out that it's done in some FIFO way. And I am wandering which characters are used as 'players' in that mod because it has nothing but the meta, so no new players can have been added.

Is the
CharacterTeleportPartyToTriggerMovieLoadState(TRIGGER_CYS_Start_P1,"MovieGameIntro_Finished","MovieGameIntro");
call in DOSStart/CYS_General.txt not enough to teleport the party out of Char Creation to Cyseal Beach ?

Maybe controls if characters are controllable initially, I do not believe that, because any companion can be controlled after the CharacterMakeCompanion() call. I believe in an internal call to some CharacterAddToParty() in char creation.
I think, the flag more so controls 'hardcoded' stuff like Lonewolf and Pet Pal showing up or not in character creation and on levelup. Those talents don't show up on companions I believe.
(Charisma e.g. is locked by story code in the Proc_LimitAbilitiesForCompanion( _Companion ) procedure.)

old hand
old hand

Ahh, the great SniperHF, the Bringer of Rain, the Slayer of Theodokles, ... just kidding ;-)

I don't think, the 'old' 4 Player mod was meant but the one that recently was in the top 3 in Steam.
I unpacked it and it has the meta file with NumPlayers="4" ... and nothing else. (Unless Norbyte's tool does not work anymore, which I don't think.)

I was just curious how 4 characters would fit on the creation screen to find out that it's done in some FIFO way. And I am wandering which characters are used as 'players' in that mod because it has nothing but the meta, so no new players can have been added.

Yeah that's a different mod than the one Echo was talking about. Just the straight meta edit.
In the 4 player mod you do just play as Jahan or Madora or Bairdotr or a henchmen hire. So those players can't actually start playing until you get those characters. It doesn't mess with the character creation at all.

Is the
CharacterTeleportPartyToTriggerMovieLoadState(TRIGGER_CYS_Start_P1,"MovieGameIntro_Finished","MovieGameIntro");
call in DOSStart/CYS_General.txt not enough to teleport the party out of Char Creation to Cyseal Beach ?

It is but you basically have to do it twice (I switched it to one without a movie though). Cadmus, one of the Larian scripters who sometimes lurks the boards is the one who informed me that you have to actually leave the level and come back to it with the CharacterAddToCharacterCreation attached.

In the old classic version you could make the GUI pop up repeatedly by just forcing an autosave which was much easier.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
So does that mean that
teleports only the characters that were in the Char Creation ?

If one already knows how many pairs get added to creation in which order, it should be possible to teleport them to Cyseal 'silently', with CharacterTeleportToTriggerSomething() and do the Movie teleport for the final pair, would that work ?
Is there some kind of 'Back' button in char creation to go back to the previous pair ? If not, can't they be teleported directly and silently ?

(Just asking out of curiosity, I have no plans to create any 'more-than-two-players' mod.)

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I think I understand now, you mean something like

IF
GameEventSet( "GAMEEVENT_GameStarted" )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player2, 0, 1 )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player1, 0, 1 )
THEN
DB_InCharacterCreation(1);
GoalCompleted;

IF
CharacterCreationFinished( CHARACTER_Player1 )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player3, 0, 1 )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player4, 0, 1 )
THEN
CharacterTeleportToTrigger( CHARACTER_Player1, TRIGGER_Player1_Start, "SomeEventICatchOrNot");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger( CHARACTER_Player2, TRIGGER_Player2_Start, "SomeEventICatchOrNot");

IF
CharacterCreationFinished( CHARACTER_Player3 )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player5, 0, 1 )
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( CHARACTER_Player6, 0, 1 )
THEN
CharacterTeleportToTrigger( CHARACTER_Player3, TRIGGER_Player3_Start, "SomeEventICatchOrNot");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger( CHARACTER_Player4, TRIGGER_Player4_Start, "SomeEventICatchOrNot");

IF
CharacterCreationFinished( CHARACTER_Player5 )
THEN

for a 6 player mod, together with all kinds of other required adjustments (like the init in CYS_General.txt).

old hand
old hand
So does that mean that
teleports only the characters that were in the Char Creation ?

It teleports all of them. Which is actually the preferred method because if you just use CharacterTeleportToTrigger it breaks some of the party follow behavior (until a reload). So you have to use Either CharacterTeleportParty or Party w/ Movie.

If one already knows how many pairs get added to creation in which order, it should be possible to teleport them to Cyseal 'silently', with CharacterTeleportToTriggerSomething() and do the Movie teleport for the final pair, would that work ?

That's how it is now in the mod, with 4 instead of 6. The characters get teleported to Cyseal but then immediately teleported back to Creation, they have to because they are assigned to players. There's a problem if you don't do this.

If you sent Player 1 and 2 to Cyseal, but then sent 3 and 4 to creation without sending all 4, you'd still be sitting there at Cyseal looking at 1 and 2. 3 and 4 would be at the creation level but you couldn't see them as you'd still be assigned as 1 & 2.

<SCRIPT>

for a 6 player mod, together with all kinds of other required adjustments (like the init in CYS_General.txt).

Pretty much, but there are a few extra things like each set of characters that get created, I throw in a database entry to note that. Then final CharacterCreationFinished statement uses CHARACTER_Null instead of a specific character.

So:
IF
CharacterCreationFinished(Character_Null)
AND
DB_PairComplete(1)
AND
DB_PairComplete(2)
THEN
CharacterTeleportPartyToTriggerMovieLoadState()
Other stuff here like adding gold/potions/etc

There might be a more elegant way to do it but once I found something that worked I just stopped. It was finicky as all hell to get the GUIs to pop up and have the right characters on screen.

Last edited by SniperHF; 21/07/16 11:31 PM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Wow, thanks for that info ?

So the steps would be (let's take 6 players because that was this threads start)

1. put P1 and P2 into creation
(as now, maybe change the order, always bothers me that CHARACTER_Player2 is on the left side ;-)
2. on finish teleport whole party (indicator flag who is next)
3. teleport whole party back and put P3 and P4 into creation
4. on finish teleport all away with flag setup (indicator again)
5. teleport back and add P5 and P6 to creation
6. on finish teleport to Cyseal with movie teleport

Are there no loading screens between the teleports between regions ?
Would a teleport to the back be enough, just to make space for the next pair or does CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( _Char, 0, 1 ) require region change ?

Would be nice to just simply put the characters into the back of the screen, but maybe that does not work with all the RT mangling done in char creation. (Or maybe the char in creation is only a dummy and gets assigned to the real global only on region change.)

Think I almost forgot that all companion stuff would have to be adjusted as well because without change there would be two additional companions to hire on top.

I know well how weird some systems work, in a mod I hope to finish sometime soon, I do not add handling for henchmen at all, because their hiring process is a PITA.
(hire - dismiss - hire - dismiss ... at least I know now, why you need a free party space before hiring a henchman and cannot have any kind of 'preview' before. 'Real' companions are much nicer ;-)
The henchman hiring GUI might be only a blown up version of a dialog, like the new Sparkmaster Controller with maybe some additional added event types to throw.

old hand
old hand

Would a teleport to the back be enough, just to make space for the next pair or does CharacterAddToCharacterCreation( _Char, 0, 1 ) require region change ?

Unfortunately it does take a full blown region change. So you get a load screen for Cyseal and then another one immediately shipping you back to creation. You never actually see Cyseal though you might hear the sound effects for a couple seconds.

Think I almost forgot that all companion stuff would have to be adjusted as well because without change there would be two additional companions to hire on top.

In my mod I treat the #3 and #4 players as companions. I actually run them through the MakeCompanion procedure and add them to the relevant databases. So you don't have to adjust for 4 characters. You would have to actually increase the CompMax number in a six character mod as the problem would actually be sort of the opposite. If you dismissed #5 or #6 you wouldn't be able to rehire them.

If you made them true players and not companions, then yeah it would require reducing the companion number to maintain 6.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
'treat them as companions' ... does that mean you put them into DB_Companion() ?
(Funny, they'd get the 'Are you some butler' dialogs with every NPC ;-)

old hand
old hand
Yep. It is pretty funny too :P

old hand
old hand
Here's a version with 6 characters. I'm not going to upload it to the nexus/workshop or whatever but you can share the link if someone else wants it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqX6ORoY5-DlgllxrwAanaJRNI1y

E
Echo123 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by SniperHF
Here's a version with 6 characters. I'm not going to upload it to the nexus/workshop or whatever but you can share the link if someone else wants it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqX6ORoY5-DlgllxrwAanaJRNI1y

Thanks again man. Downloaded and its working fine.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Hehe, you are a hero ;-)

Did you use the simple '6 Players meta trick' only with adjusted DB_CompMax() or a fullblown version like the old 4 players ?

Two more prison chests in both Cyseal and Luculla might be required and DB_CompMax(2) needs to be unset or am I wrong ? I quickly looked over the code and I think that every party member needs a prison chest or a possible MoveAllItemsTo call would fail or never get executed, defeating the purpose of prison (in prison, fully armed with all lockpicks to escape ...).
And Baardvark's original version only set DB_CompMax(4) in INIT and did nothing else which could lead to 'event jittering' in the ProcCheckPartyState() procedure and is dangerous because DB_CompMax(4) might get set before DB_CompMax(2) depending on the file name, which would always make the check against 2 the final check.

In my simple tests I added two chests to each Luculla and Cyseal and added them to the chest database.
Something like

Code
PROC
Called_On_Party_Entering_Cyseal_Beach()
AND
SixManPartyDB_Enabled(1)
THEN
// Cyseal
DB_CompanionChest( "PRISON_CYSEAL", ITEM_CYS_ChestPrison5, CHARACTER_NULL );
DB_CompanionChest( "PRISON_CYSEAL", ITEM_CYS_ChestPrison6, CHARACTER_NULL );
// Luculla
DB_CompanionChest( "PRISON_LUCULLA", ITEM_LUC_ChestPrison5, CHARACTER_NULL );
DB_CompanionChest( "PRISON_LUCULLA", ITEM_LUC_ChestPrison6, CHARACTER_NULL );

// increase DB_CompMax() by 1 for each player without Lone Wolf
PROC
Called_For_Each_Player_On_Cyseal_Beach_First( (CHARACTER)_Player )
AND
SixManPartyDB_Enabled(1)
AND
CharacterHasTalent( _Player, "LoneWolf", 0 )// does not have Lone Wolf
AND
DB_CompMax( _OldMax )
AND
IntegerSum( _OldMax, 1, _NewMax )
THEN
NOT DB_CompMax( _OldMax );
DB_CompMax( _NewMax );

Additionally, I duplicated the code for Lone Wolf handling in _Global.txt, starting from line 897, only leaving out the dismiss call and the setting of .DB_HasLoneWolf() which increases/decrease the max by 2 instead of 1 with Lone Wolf. (ProcIncreaseCompMaxIfLonewolf() and ProcDecreaseCompMaxIfLonewolf() are only called during respec, and the event handler must be adjusted because a player could take Lone Wolf at any time, e.g. after a respec ... well, usually players probably have two Lone Wolves, so for them there is no reason to use such a mod in the first place, but one never knows.)
Could all have been done in _Global.txt directly, but I wanted to make it work without changing the original file ;-)
(the prison chest thing can be done in a separate file anyway)

There is also some problematic code I stumbled over in in DOSStart/END_NegaKingsCrab.txt, starting at line 462, creating too many tuples, resulting in double teleports later and teleporting companions on top of each other due to missing triggers. (Probably works though)

There is a good chance for some more problematic code.

Another question, did I understand the following correctly:
Setting the meta to 4 players does nothing but enable two additional players to join a multiplayer and adjust the assignment GUI panel ? Is the latter even made for 6 players ?

old hand
old hand
It's a version with 6 full created characters.

I didn't do any of those fixes you might need to account for extra party members like the chests.

I did change CompMax directly in the _Global file INIT.

If you (or someone else) wants to make a proper version with all this stuff fixed knock thy-selves out :P

I mostly made the original 4 Character Creation mod to get *something* on the workshop besides the Cow Simulator and it was a popular request.

Plus there are still those weird party behavior bugs to be fixed.

Another question, did I understand the following correctly:
Setting the meta to 4 players does nothing but enable two additional players to join a multiplayer and adjust the assignment GUI panel ? Is the latter even made for 6 players ?

Yep, that's all it does.

I have no idea if 6 connected players works, that's probably dependent on the hex edit. But I did change the meta to 6 incase someone wants to give it a shot.

Last edited by SniperHF; 23/07/16 11:33 PM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I fully understand that.

Larian does have a weird and sometimes unexpected way of implementing things altogether, which makes looking up how things work very hard, because a lot of things are scattered all over the place.
Setting up a central companion dismiss procedure just to ignore it and manually dismiss Bairdotr in the Jareth fight is also an example of that, not to mention the henchman thing, which is not a 'preview', as one might expect but a constant loop of hiring and dismissing until finally one of them is actually hired or the dialog is canceled.

(I still have no clue what the OnCompanionDismissed() call really does.)

... but I am optimistic, that by the time DOS/9 public beta will be renamed to 'DOS/9 Classic' when DOS/9 EE comes out, we might finally get some documentation for modding and have cleaned up code ;-)

(Despite all my rants, I still give Larian a lot of credit, because public beta aka classic was already an amazing game with amazing stability. And some people like me had to wait 10+ years for such a turn based combat game since The Temple of Elemental Evil came out - which was way too short - some time 2004 I think. And of all modern games, DOS is still unique in that respect and beats any Pillars or whatever every day and by far ;-)

Link Copied to Clipboard