Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hello,

I have my head wrapped around modifying a number of the txt files but in all my time wandering around I haven't been able to find a way to edit the Talent descriptions or skill descriptions.

If possible I would rather not use the editor (editing a txt file would be great) because it is super crashy for me and I can't make heads or tales of how to do simple things.

Any help would be appreciated.

old hand
old hand
Baardvark did it in scales without the editor, my suggestion would be to download it and try and work it backwards.

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68/?

I think a lot of it hinges on changing the name of the mainlsf.pak file and modifying the LSB files from the translated string key.

old hand
old hand
You might also search for posts by Baardvark because it was probably discussed on the forum at some point (make sure to set the date back at least a year).

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
The descriptions are ultimately done in a loalization file, which cannot be changed in the editor anyway. Statuses like Frozen, Stunned, etc. have the handles to the names and descriptions hardcoded in the .exe, I assume it is the same with talent names and talent descriptions.

One would have to unpack the localization file, which is Data\Localization\English.pak (or German.pak or Russian.pak or whatever). Unpacking this file creates some subdirectories and in them is the language file (English.xml ...), it's a big XML file that contains all localized strings.

I guess that removing English.pak and replacing it by the unpacked structure would be the way to edit descriptions. Then the XML file could be edited. It is very big though (English.xml is bigger than 4MB).

To unpack .pak files, one does not need Larian's editor but Norbyte's unpacker tool, the link to the download is in this thread
EE pak extractor

Link Copied to Clipboard