Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
paro Offline OP
OP Offline
I remember so many years ago I first tried out a Divinity game, Divinity 2: Ego draconis. The game got me hooked, I admit it was my love of dragon stuff that got me really interested but It still sort of kept me entertained with the characters and surroundings, the gameplay was a bit tough because I sucked pretty bad. By the time I finished I loved the game, and eagerly awaited Flames of Vengeance. After I completed the last chapter for our dragon knight I played through three different times with different builds. I bought Dragon commander and played it a good amount, loved the story telling and awesome battles. Then Original Sin happened... With my friend, we played over 200 hours of that game. In fact, over that game we fell in love with each other. (Larian studios, best match makers around eh?) I must say, it was the best strategy game I have ever played. Now with Original Sin 2 coming out, all me and my love interest talk about is all the stuff we are going to do in it. As soon as the Kickstarter opened up I bought myself a digital copy. I know my funds are in good hands and this game will be even better than the first. Larian, I thank you for the years of fun.

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Awesome story, thanks for sharing. I'm feeling genuinely optimistic about this one.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I think what I am going to focus on the most in this early access in terms of reporting is likely Tactition mode.

DoS1 had a interesting but flawed Tactition mode. I hope that maybe we can spruce it up this time around so it is not only a LOT more fair (None of this Teleport or die garbage) but a lot more consistent so that it remains difficult all the way through.

Support
Support

Tactician mode will not be in for Early Access.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Raze

Tactician mode will not be in for Early Access.

Like at this stage? or at all?

Support
Support

At all; Early Access will have exploer/classic, and release will add tactician/honour mode.

N
old hand
old hand
N

At all; Early Access will have exploer/classic, and release will add tactician/honour mode.

Odd given that it requires kind of careful balancing to even pull off, you would think of all the things they would try to include in Early Access would be the sort of things that could really use early access.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Neonivek

Odd given that it requires kind of careful balancing to even pull off, you would think of all the things they would try to include in Early Access would be the sort of things that could really use early access.

The last time they implemented tactician mode was based off of youtube feedback on encounters. They obv can't pre-balance this stuff if normal mode hasn't even been tested yet.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Last time they created tactition mode it was for Divinity Enhanced Edition.

So they couldn't implement it for EAccess.

paro Offline OP
OP Offline
That's fine. Gives people some time to enjoy and learn the game first before tackling it at it's hardest I suppose! (Not that you can't enjoy it at that difficulty.)

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
veteran
veteran
It would also help Tactician if the gamesystems are finalised. Having to change systems than switch up regular and Tactician would be an extra timesink doing it later when it's just one pass would be more efficient.

Also another here coming to Larian with Divinity II (Dragon Knight Saga though). Was a lot more fun than I anticipated when buying it, and that's what gets one keeping an eye on a developer... which totally paid of with D:OS, and now hopefully, D:OS2.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard