Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52
D
stranger
stranger
D
Bug in 3.0.15:

Major UI bug, mostly a problem in combat but it's happened out of combat too. Sometimes characters will move without me clicking. It seems sometimes to be that a click on some UI element is being interpreted as a click on the terrain for movement (effectively clicking *through* the UI somehow I guess?), or possibly that an extra click is being detected whne I haven't clicked.

It's happened a few times in combat, one of my characters will decide to walk across the battlefield fairly randomly at the start of their turn. It seems at first like it's the enemy's turn and I wonder why they're walking off... or whether they've charmed my character... because it happened straight away after my previous char's turn ended, but then I realise it's my turn, but my character has wandered somewhere unintentionally. I'm 100% sure I haven't clicked, and I'm not seeing any issues with random clicks outside of the game, so am pretty sure it's an issue with the game.

Only present since 3.0.15, never saw it in 3.0.5. Has happened maybe 4 times so far with a few hours of play, 3 times in combat and once out of combat (while rearranging inventory).

Support
Support

Madscientist;
I'll check if the indicators are a known issue. If not, it doesn't sound like it will be hard to reproduce.

Battering Ram checks collision detection, so a level difference a little more than the caster's height is fine.

The missing prone animation is a known issue, particularly for human female models.

drfrogsplat;

When your characters were missing consistently, were they blinded before then? Someone else reported that after being blinded (Blinding Radiance), the chance to hit was shown as going back to normal when it wore off, but the character continued to miss.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a save when you get this performance drop (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), along with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipper) Folder'.

Do you have a save with, or just before, the second time being arrested? I don't think anything is suppose to be removed as part of the arrest mechanic.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze
Do you have a save with, or just before, the second time being arrested? I don't think anything is suppose to be removed as part of the arrest mechanic.

I also experienced this way back: I assumed it was a deliberate design choice and learnt not to get arrested twice! Sadly, the save is long gone (well, and incompatible anyway).

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Another couple of minor buglets to add to my list:

• There's been a couple of times my currently selected character has become unresponsive and won't move. Switching to another character, moving, and switching back again seems to unstick her.
  • On one occasion, one of the my enemies (a void turtle, if it's important) continued to move after its turn had ended.

And the other stuff I've mentioned in the patch release topic, repeated here to attempt to corral them; new bugs:

• Ground markers (position markers for both enemies and my team) often don't clear after combat or using weapons & spells out of combat (e.g. knocking down barriers). They eventually disappear after leaving the area but persist until then. Already mentioned by MadScientist, but just for completeness.
  • Big fps drops and lag during combat: these seem quite erratic and last maybe 5-10 seconds each but the slowdowns are noticeable and slightly disconcerting. Input can also become quite unreliable until they pass. Minescence mentioned use of poison during these slow-downs (in MP in their case, SP in mine) which is a possible cause.
  • When returning Griff's oranges and he asks for the identity of the culprit, the conciliatory option can get stuck and just repeats in the speech log, leaving combat as the only option.
  • Also during the Griff's oranges quest, Amyro's cage can flicker very badly.

And some old problems that are still outstanding:

• Again during Griff's oranges quest, if Silence is intercepted the sounds of combat and a female voice continue afterwards until leaving the area.
  • Some items of clothing are still using the wrong models.
  • Physics-enabled clothing (particularly skirts) are still glitchy, flickering badly in CC and flipping upwards and getting stuck during gameplay.

J'aime le fromage.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

When your characters were missing consistently, were they blinded before then? Someone else reported that after being blinded (Blinding Radiance), the chance to hit was shown as going back to normal when it wore off, but the character continued to miss.

Yeah one of Griff's thugs definitely used blind a bunch in the fight, I can't remember exactly which characters, but that could definitely be it.

Saves for these issues are long gone, but will keep this in mind for future persistent issues.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Bug 3.0.15

Gawin's teleporter quest is not compatible with Pain Reflection. When he teleports me, I do 1 damage to him, and he takes offence. I can damage him considerably when teleporting him, but the single point of pain reflection damage is too big an insult it seems!

Also not sure if it's intentional, but if you teleport him all the way down in one go, his comments sort of suggest you've done the wrong thing (though he still runs off into the fort)

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hello Larian Studios!

Just tried out the new patch, and I'm really pleased with the new system for the stats! laugh

BUT, something horrible happened to my Dwarf Knight :'( I went and opened the chest on the beach next to the Alligators (where the teleportation gloves are), and the two-handed axe that got out of the chest after bashing it..... well it faded in the ground. And I couldn't retrieve it then....

So I hope it won't happen to anybody else! But yeah, objects that goes through the ground isn't fun, right? ^^'

So that's my bug I got today! Still happy for the patch laugh

Have a nice day!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Another few bugs (3.0.15):

- smokescreen arrow... tooltip says it does no damage, but it does physical damage. this was a fun surprise when I thought I could save the life of a party member by hiding them... RIP Inquisitor Lohse. I tested it out of combat without any other surfaces/effects around and I'm pretty sure it always does the physical damage (not some interaction effect)

- in the crystal world you get teleported to by the statue, i was able to use a self-teleporting skill (a tactical retreat scroll in my case) to exit the area the storyline clearly intended me to stay in... walking around i entered combat with the gods, they promptly killed me, but when I was auto-resurrected by the game (telling me "you're not finished yet!"), I had no visible body, in the character sheet UI my character was visible but naked despite having lots of gear on, and in the quest log all my quests were written in pink... i tried it again and had a body the next time, so perhaps a bit random that one.

- after playing a bit more I think the bug where my character randomly walks off during combat might be due to being assigned a movement and then entering combat. it doesn't always happen, but that seems to be the most likely trigger i've seen for it as far as I can tell. possibly related, sometimes when i enter combat while the party is walking, characters will keep moving around as normal during the first turn of combat. e.g. the voidwoken deep-dweller battle, my rogue teleported up to the ledge (from towards the caravan up the hill) before combat started, the enemies popped out and combat began, but the rest of my party walked all the way down the hill and climbed the vine ladder up to the voidwoken deep-dweller during the enemy's first turn... i got hit by attacks of opportunity, the characters were definitely in combat, but obviously there's something a bit wrong with being able to walk half-way across the battle-field like this!

Last edited by drfrogsplat; 03/12/16 01:43 PM. Reason: re-attempted with different results
stranger
stranger
1. pain reflection shouldn't work on your party allies

2. waltz talking about looking for griff's supplies, event when griff's cold body lies nearby

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812047823

3. strange pose for dead body
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812047779

4. gawain has strange suicide behavour to run into magisters at port
also, his behavour seems a bit odd when u teleport him to port when u already here..

5. looks strange when magisters attack you in fort when they didn't saw u escaping and coming back..

D
stranger
stranger
D
If you're fighting with "neutral" npc's, pain reflection makes them agro on you. For example: if you turn in the lizard that stole Griff's oranges but feel bad about it and want to help him survive the thug Griff sends after him. Generally the fight goes fine unless you accidently clip him with something like ricochet or marksmen fang but if you have a character with pain reflection and he uses a spell like fireball then he will become hostile towards the party as a result of the damage being reflected

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am currently playing through a game via online with one friend. We both control 2 characters each. Here are a few bugs we have run into so far. (we have 80 hours into the game on multiple playthroughs so far)

1.Leadership does not carry over between hosts and clients.
I am running a warrior with leadership and even with all 4 characters within 5 meter range only the character
I am controlling gets the buff.(not the leader obviously) It will not carry over to other 2 online player controlled characters unless I give my friend control of the character with leadership then they receive the buff and leaves the one I control w/o the buff. This makes the skill literally un-usable if the tiny range didn't already. I really feel it needs to be tune a-little wider maybe to 8m or so. It really makes no sense I can't "lead" someone from more than an arm length away though I understand balance-wise why it's such a small range just figured I'd add my 2 cents.

2. Zombie + reflection hurts the caster even though it heals the zombie character (unsure if this is intended)

3. Teleportation quest given by Gawin only gives the character who physically turns in the gloves experience and rewards no one else in the party(unsure if this is intended) It used to not work this way.

4.Playing knight (I recently changed to a sword/board warrior due to this seemingly big bug) I constantly miss skills with 95-100% accuracy using 2 handers. I also miss stunned/knocked down targets as well A LOT worse than XCOM RNG. (not sure if intentionally it was "balanced" that down/stunned targets to somehow now be able to dodge...somehow as if they were not cc'ed at all?) Just seems 2 handers miss infinitely more now than before and at very least accuracy numbers need to be looked at to reflect real %.

5. Reflect causes damage to mages that drop AOE on the ground. If the AOE persists and I walk through it with reflect, it does damage to the caster. I feel like it really should only reflect on initial hit, not from the persistent effects on the battlefield itself. (again not sure if this was intentional)

I will add to this list if we encounter more bugs/things that seem to be bugged. So far having fun testing the changes either way. Thanks for making a great game better every day Larian.

Last edited by DeathKaiser; 06/12/16 01:46 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I don't know if it has already been reported. Did a quick search, didn't find anything about it.

In the latest build (3.0.15.252) Braccus' Pants share the same icon and skin as Braccus' Boots. See for yourself : http://imgur.com/9lLpG8r

Also, ever since the patch, the game has been stuttering while and right after saving. Not game breaking, but kind of annoying. Didn't have any issues before.

Last edited by Qaozer; 06/12/16 06:15 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by norD
Post your Bugs and Issues here! That'll help us see where the problems are.

Thanks a lot peeps smile

First of all, let me say I am already in love with your new title! I was ecstatic when I read the Alpha was available to play and that it pre-paid for the eventual release of the Enhanced Edition. An awesome deal, so thanks y'all!

On to the topic; I noticed earlier that The Red Prince is permanently Crippled. I've tried everything I can think of to cure it but no luck so far. Fortunately, Crippled doesn't affect him until he's out of Physical Armor. That gives me the ability to get around the field with him for a few turns unless he gets nuked.

After his Physical Armor is gone though, it's permanent. All he can do is sit in one spot till he dies, throwing whatever ranged stuff he's got. (glad I didn't make him entirely min-maxed or he'd be worthless after three rounds)

So anyways, that's the word on that. No solution so far. Just want to bring this to y'alls attention, though I'm sure y'all are already aware of the status effect permanence.

Thank's again for making an awesome new Divinity series!

Almost forgot!

The pop-up box for the Intelligence attribute has the word *intelligence* misspelled as "intellignece."

Figured that may be noteworthy.

Last edited by vometia; 07/12/16 03:55 PM. Reason: formatting

I just came back from the dead last night.
apprentice
apprentice
Sometimes, blessing a flaming pig will not award exeprience. The pig status will go Burning > Blessed > Burning. It will then run away, just as expected and count toward the completion of the quest. However, if you manage to cast bless one more time on the now not so flaming pig, the experience will be awarded.

Oh and sometimes, namely against Kniles and Scapor, the ennemy will get a free hit against my characters while they're positioning. A bit unfair.

EDIT : Something else I came across regarding critical multiplier. At certain scoundrel levels, the multiplier would end with a 4 instead of a 5%. e.g. Scoundrel level 7 : +35%, but my effective multiplier would be 184%. At level 8 it would be 190%, as expected. It happened at an earlier level too, but I forgot to note which one.

Also, ennemies have a tendency to use battering ram on characters a level above them, fly to hit them and then get back to the ground (but only if there isn't enough room for them up there.)

Last edited by Qaozer; 09/12/16 02:13 AM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
People allready reported issues with Pain Reflect but thought i would add mot detail to it, it seems the last person that interacted with the character that has pain reflect is "marked", so if you for example make Lohse heal Red Prince and Red Prince got pain reflect, then when he starts to walk in fire so will Lohse recieve damage as well.

There is also a issue at start of combat so will your character do whatever was commanded before combat, for example if i told Red Prince to open a chest, but when getting close to the chest so is combat triggered, then at Red Prince turn so will he automatically use action points to move to the chest and open it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello! Loving the game so far. Just thought I'd note a few inconsistencies:

DIALOG ISSUES
1) Nebora (in Fort Joy) does not offer to remove Source Collars from all party members, even after entire party defeats the champions at the Arena of the One. This happens because the game currently requires each party member to individually speak with her about removing the Source Collars prior to fighting the Champions. Any party member that fails to do this is unable to get their Source Collar removed by her.

__ Solution: please update Nebora's initial dialog about being able to remove Source Collars so that it will force an update to ALL party member quest logs.

2) Any character who A) has a quest log suggesting that Nebora can remove Source Collars and B) has defeated the champions at the Arena of the One... will be unable to get a dialog option to trade with Nebora. Currently, the only workaround is to use a character that is bugged (as above), since they will still have access to the "trade" dialog option.

__Solution: Please add the Nebora's "trade" dialog option back to her conversations with characters described.

3) Baradur Brothers (an interactive well in the Gargoyle's Maze) have a dialog option allowing characters to pay their "fare" into the afterlife; however, only characters with gold in their inventory are given this option, even if party members nearby have plenty of coin.

__Solution: Please consider adjusting this dialog to allow party members with gold to respond directly.

NPC MERCHANTS
1) If you sell items to an NPC, you can kill that NPC and loot any items you traded TO that NPC. However, you cannot loot the NPC's normal store goods off of their body. It creates a weird situation where a player can sell a bunch of paintings (for example) to an NPC for lots of gold, then kill that NPC to loot the paintings, sell them to another NPC, kill and loot that NPC, etc...To make LOTS of money.

__ Solution: I suspect that the first part is an oversight; would suggest somehow adding these items to the NPC's store inventory instead of their corpse inventory (...however those game mechanics work out). That, or vice versa--adding the NPC's normal store loot to their lootable corpse drop, just to keep things consistent.

2) Because it is currently possible to trade items across party members regardless of their distance to one another, 1st party member can get overloaded with loot and be left behind, a 2nd party member can then engage an NPC Merchant elsewhere, and then the 1st member can easily move items into the 2nd member's inventory to make them available during the bartering process. If Larian studios intends to (potentially) make this game capable of sustaining player-made servers in the future, then this should be addressed to prevent player abuse.

__ Solution: only allow party members (regardless of whether they are in a party or not) to shift inventory between members that are within close proximity (5 to 10m?) of one another.

QUEST INTERACTIONS?
1) At the Gargoyle's Maze, Rattus Verus can be cured of the truth-curse, but awards no XP or additional, helpful information.

__Solution: offer at least some kind of reward, perhaps? A revealed secret, some XP, an item/gold, etc.? The interaction currently seems "incomplete."

2) At the Gargoyle's Maze, Rattus Perfidus is killed when the Huntsman I spell "First Aid" is cast on him/her. This seems inconsistent since First Aid is a healing spell and works to cure Rattus Verus. I should also mention that if you cast Rain of Blood (Necromancy I) and Bless on the ground, Rattus Perfidus will "glow" as if cured upon touching the area, but his/her dialog afterward does not indicate that a cure has happened. However, if you directly cast Bless on the Rattus Perfidus, it dies...

__ Solution: since these rats are cursed, consider making healing spells (like First Aid and Fortify) simply heal/fortify/etc.; only allow the rats' curses to be broken with the Bless spell? That, or something specific hinted at individually in their dialogue? (Or maybe you already do this, and I'm just bad at testing spell combos.)

Last edited by Marzipanic; 11/12/16 10:32 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
A few thoughts... Although Nebora only removes the one collar, you'll find someone else a bit later on who'll remove the others, at least once a condition is met.

I'm not sure that the trading button is a bug: I've used it quite often when there's no dialogue option is given to to see if anyone has anything interesting for sale (or wants to take some crap off my hands!)

I still haven't figured out the solution to the Rattus Perfidus conundrum: I think source was mentioned at one point so it could possibly reference a spell that isn't currently available to us, perhaps.

J'aime le fromage.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I am aware that there are multiple ways to get off the Source Collars, and have used them, but even so, this appears to be a bug in Nebora's dialog that should be addressed.

As to the trading, weight-based strategy puzzles (which have been common in RPGs like this) are trivial for players to overcome (this was especially true for me when dealing with the Gargoyle's Maze). I say it is a bug and not a "feature" because inventory swapping across maps makes item weights and inventory carrying capacities non-essential and somewhat pointless...yet, developers continue to build with weight in mind. So certainly, this must be an oversight. But, I do take advantage of this at times, if only for personal convenience in my single player game; for others who do the same and want to see this functionality kept, it may be possible for developers to simply make it a "togglable option" on any campaign.

On that note, I should add that having two party members with access to Teleportation (Aerotheurge I) makes overcoming almost any locked gate trivial as well. It might be worth having some kind of "Teleportation Dampening Field" feature enforced on certain puzzle areas (like the Gargoyle's Maze, again) so that a group is encouraged to at least attempt the challenge.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The encumbrance thing is a point: as much as I swore about Tyranny lately (I actually enjoyed it, but was rather, erm, colourful in my critique of some aspects) I liked the way it mostly just used a single party inventory accessible to everyone with no upper limit that I found. It was mostly self-balancing as I needed to keep selling and bartering anyway.

I've felt a similar way about Braccus' maze and prefer not to do it using teleportation at all, but the latest version also seems to make it an essential skill as they've stuck a platform in front of one of the portals, though I may have simply overlooked an alternative means of climbing up there. I guess it kind of fits in with Larian's usual "multiple ways of doing things", though teleportation just seems like a clunky version of the pyramids that we usually end up getting (and which I recall didn't always work, in much the same way as you suggested).

J'aime le fromage.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Found a visual bug (minor problem):

The "Pants of Braccus" item is functionally usable as a set of "leggings", but the icon for the item is of a pair of boots and the 3-D appearance of the item is also of a pair of dark, black-like boots, which will override the appearance of your character's ACTUALLY equipped boots...but also leave your character's legs skin-bare.

Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard