Next Thread
Print Thread
#586220 17/09/16 12:25 PM
B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello!

I've just started playing DOS2, and a couple hours in (cleared the beach before going into the camp) I have some feedback. I hope this is the right place for it and that Larian keeps their eyes on this!

• First and foremost - AVG classified it as a threat. My screen turned back with only mouse pointer visible and I couldn't do anything.
• Char creation - can we get some more room to see the actual character? There's a lot of free space on either sides, and for a lot of the race/class combinations things are hidden behind the UI.
• [Movement] If you click and hold somewhere, let the character start running, then release the mouse button - it should keep running until it reaches its target (the last place where you released the mouse button).
• [Movement] when there's a surface above you, hold-and-move to walk under it causes the character to try and reach it above which makes it move erratically. Happened on the beach when there are rocks above you.
• Not sure if this is alpha or as designed, but I find it really weird that all speech is third person and begins and ends with asterisks. Is there a reason for this I'm missing?
• I found an Oil Flask on the beach, and I got a tip saying I found a magic scroll.
• Can we get a Loot All hotkey? Space, for example, when a container is open? I think it's good to ease mouse interactions as much as possible.
• I saw an item on edge of fire, clicked it, and my character went into fire to pick it up - dying. Is there any way of making them a bit smarter? If they can - don't go into damaging surfaces? Especially if there's no battle going on.
• [UI] Pressing I brings up Inventory and Character screens, but Esc closes them one by one.
• [UI] Enemy Turn message remained on screen after battle was over. The only relevant thing I can think of is that both a character I had and the last enemy dies from DOT when the battle ended.
• [UI] When clicking on a corpse, your character's text is shown behind the container, basically forcing you to either always move it or miss what's said.
• [UI] Open inventory -> Consume item -> you don't see the effect cause it's hidden behind the Character screen.

of course all said, I'm still eager to get back into Rivellon!

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And some more from the second session:
• Cut scene outside of camp - the walls block The Hammer whenever she talks. Since you can't turn the camera it basically looks like a dialogue between one character and the fort's walls.
• I've helped the elf at the entrance, she then told me to follow her, but ran away before I could see where. I had to run through the entire camp until I found out where she went.
• I feel the UI sounds are too strong, much stronger than any other game sound (UI sounds like mouse-over-item or click)
• Not sure how it compares the DOS1, but it feels the UI screens are quite big, making it almost impossible to do something while they're open.
• Is it possible to add Right Click to rotate the map? It's much easier on the hands than middle click (on most mice at least).
• Is there no log of talks, like there was in DOS1?
• I seemed to not always get a notification when a new quest was added.
• I talked to the healer on the beach, and she gave me a recipe (for healing potion I assume), but the UI notification just said New Recipe without name or icon or ingredients. Also the Penny Bun Mushroom you get from her doesn't seem to stack with others.
• Whenever an NPC gives me something as part of a dialogue - it appears on the top left as I read the text, and I miss it. Or it has an icon which I don't recognise. I then have no idea what they gave me, and finding it amongst 40 other items in the inventory is quite tough.
• I "distributed" some items from a party member before letting them go, but they then appeared Stolen.
• [Save] Camera rotation doesn't save on game save/load, which can be quite disorienting (especially if you use the quick save/load)
• [Save] I got a key to a door to the fort and location on map, but upon save and load the location disappeared from the map.

Other more generic thoughts:
I personally still struggle with the inventory system. Not sure how to fix it since there's quite an abundance of items. One thing would be to make sure items stack, as some don't for some reason. Maybe an option to order by type. Maybe different frame colours according to type. Maybe have bags and assign a type to them - so I can set one bag to be Arrows and every arrow I pick up will automatically go there.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard