Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi Larian Studios:

We are fans group from China and we are now doing Chinese language translation for Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.
Now we have complete 70% of the translation and tested in game.

We have some questions, please help to answer:

1. If we finish the translation and test 100% approved by Chinese players, could we add it to official supported language? Do you have interest to use our translations?

2. Could you please help to provide the order of each dialogue? The XML file we are using to translate has no order, we have to search the dialog in game, tag each dialogue by ourselves and test... This slow down our translation:
See the image
[img]http://imgur.com/8PhmrBh[/img]
The column 3 is our tags, but normally the official document is no order (order by alphabet...)
[img]http://imgur.com/9I5AkNw[/img]

Our work as for now:
http://imgur.com/gallery/feOTJ

This is where we need your support and help.

As the Divinity Original Sin 2's early access version has more dialogs than 1, we stuck in doing Chinese language translations for 2..

Looking forward for your comment. Thanks!

Last edited by Nedda R; 17/09/16 12:50 PM.
Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
any updates?

addict
addict
It doesn't appear that Larian will respond directly, but I hope they're listening. 😀

veteran
Online Content
veteran
It could also be a good idea to post in the D:OS EE subforum, since this one is for the sequel.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Tuco
It could also be a good idea to post in the D:OS EE subforum, since this one is for the sequel.

they are planning to translate it too, that's what he is asking about. Actually I would have given this guys a green light on everything they ask, cause you know, China is a freaking big market! As well as Russia, games are really losing on some big chunk of profits when they doesn't include this 2 languages.

Last edited by Testad; 22/09/16 12:15 AM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Testad

they are planning to translate it too

And godspeed to them if they do, but that reads more like a footnote about "future intents" in a post that is mostly about completing the translation of D:OS EE.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/09/16 12:37 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks guys, we do hope to translate the D:OS2, and we did get help from Larian Studios.

As the final version of D:OS2 will be quite different from the early access version, we decide we are going to focus on finish the translating work for D:OS EE right now.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Testad
Actually I would have given this guys a green light on everything they ask, cause you know, China is a freaking big market! As well as Russia, games are really losing on some big chunk of profits when they doesn't include this 2 languages.

I completely agree it's worth making an effort for, but China is also a notoriously difficult market to crack.

Lately, Hollywood has been selling its soul in order to get past Chinese censors.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard