Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A Features I would love to see added are secondary weapons slot and a switch icon. It could work similar to how it worked in Kotor 2, where you have 2 diffrent on-hand and off-hand slots that you could switch between, in and out of battle. It could cost 1 action point to do, similar to how in kotor 2 swapping weapons took 1 round. This feature would make playing a rouge/ranger hybrid, or a mage that uses different element staffs (also please buff the staff of magus ability; staffs feel vastly inferior to wands right now) a lot less of a pain, because you don't have to spend so much time fiddling with your inventory screen.

[Linked Image]

Another thing I noticed happened alot (in DOS EE's Bracus Rex fight especially), is almost suffering a party wipe due to aoe at the start, and then I have to force the party to split and go off in weird directions so that doesn't happen again. Rather than nerf these abilities, i'd like to see a setting where you can dictate how close your party members are to each other, in-addition to multiple formations like in DOS1 and DOSEE.

This would also help with trap detection, in that when the leader off the party discovers a trap, the A.I has enough to register that its there and walk around it properly

Last edited by Damashi; 19/09/16 05:52 AM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I would also love a formation option and weapons swapping, good ideas. So frustrating that every time I go from dialogue into a fight I get AOE dumped on.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weapon swap would make sense if both were not linked to skills.
In EE, You have skills for weapon, so there's not much sense to change your weapon, if you have for example +5 in double wielding, there's no point to put sword & shield...

I never swapped my weapons in 200+ hours gameplay.
Although alternate combinations could be good if the skill system is the same, annoying to have to change my stuff while crafting/selling.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Originally Posted by Linio
Weapon swap would make sense if both were not linked to skills.
In EE, You have skills for weapon, so there's not much sense to change your weapon, if you have for example +5 in double wielding, there's no point to put sword & shield...

I never swapped my weapons in 200+ hours gameplay.
Although alternate combinations could be good if the skill system is the same, annoying to have to change my stuff while crafting/selling.

Its ofthen better for a warrior to get some shots off with a ranged weapon than do nothing for a turn because the battlefield is spammed full with cursed fire.
The alternative is using granades and such but those come in limited supply.

T
stranger
stranger
T
you realize that you can already weapon swap just move the weapon down to your hotbar

S
veteran
veteran
S
Originally Posted by Themilkman01
you realize that you can already weapon swap just move the weapon down to your hotbar

its annoying when doing it with two weapons tho.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard