Print Thread
#587260 19/09/16 02:11 PM
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Quick FYI,

So, after mindlessly picking up a boquet of bloodroses from the basement of the axe-crazy meat-golem dude, (and later on in a rather bloody cave) I discovered you can craft the roses with an empty vial, to create a Blood Rose Attar, which unlike consuming the blood rose as an item giving you +1 to all your attributes, the potion gives you a permanent +1 bonus to your attributes for each one you take.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
So there's no use in consuming them as roses? Better off just crafting them?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Lewleit
So there's no use in consuming them as roses? Better off just crafting them?

For sure! Permanent boost for all your abilities, and you can have 3 of those. Pretty good. They should have at least 4 though, so there is one for each player.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Vials? Not empty bottles? Where do you find vials?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Storsorgen
Vials? Not empty bottles? Where do you find vials?
Empty potion bottles work just fine.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I did that and it turned into a poison resistance potion?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Storsorgen
I did that and it turned into a poison resistance potion?
Are you sure you used the Blood Rose? Maybe you're confusing it with Drudanae?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm guessing the number of blood roses you find in the "rather bloody cave" is random: I've only done it twice, but on the previous play-through I got one and this time I didn't get any. It seems the only guaranteed blood rose is the one belonging to the axe-crazy meat golem dude.

J'aime le fromage.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by vometia
I'm guessing the number of blood roses you find in the "rather bloody cave" is random: I've only done it twice, but on the previous play-through I got one and this time I didn't get any. It seems the only guaranteed blood rose is the one belonging to the axe-crazy meat golem dude.
Huh... both times I played I got 3. 1 from the torturer, 1 from the cave, and 1 in Redaka's corpse. Either it's random or it's a bug.

journeyman
journeyman
In the book of Radeka's zombie was written a recipe where you should fill 3 roses into a perfume bottle to get something special but it didn't work for me despite I had 3 roses and the empy perfume bottle (but you can't stack the rose from the torturer with the other two from the Radeka cave).

journeyman
journeyman
So i made the potion, and its better than you would guess... since I used it, my caracter gains points constantly smile I am lvl 7 and have those stats:
Strength: 50 (boost: +38 and from gear: +1)
Finesse: 56 (boost: +38 and from Elegant: +2 )
Intelligence: 53 (boost: +38 )
Constitution: 49 (boost: +38)
Memory: 50 (boost: +38 and from gear: +1)
Wits: 49 (boost: +38)

I guess its a bug.. but one I like wink
Anyone else has tis effect?

journeyman
journeyman
Same for mine Lynoa, although I didn't notice it until the last fight.

How many did you use in your main character. (I used 3)

apprentice
apprentice
I absolutely love it.
Interesting how it's a buff and not just a permanent change to stats, though. Wonder what's that all about.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Zealer
Huh... both times I played I got 3. 1 from the torturer, 1 from the cave, and 1 in Redaka's corpse. Either it's random or it's a bug.

Actually, you're quite right. I played through that bit again due to an actual bug and realised when I reloaded my game that there was another blood rose right in front of me. Best place to hide it, I suppose. By which I mean growing in one of the mounds of festering bodies, exactly where everyone else would've expected to find it.

And as it transpired, I'd actually failed to collect the rose from the insane torture guy's lair. So there's all three of them.

J'aime le fromage.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Lynoa
I guess its a bug.. but one I like wink
Anyone else has tis effect?

Yes it's a bug, every time you quickload(I assume normal load too) when you're in a battle the buff is reapplied.

Originally Posted by vometia
Actually, you're quite right. I played through that bit again due to an actual bug and realised when I reloaded my game that there was another blood rose right in front of me. Best place to hide it, I suppose. By which I mean growing in one of the mounds of festering bodies, exactly where everyone else would've expected to find it.

And as it transpired, I'd actually failed to collect the rose from the insane torture guy's lair. So there's all three of them.
Hey, there you go. It happens to the best of us.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard