Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Hi there everyone,

I play the game in coop with a friend and we did 2 different games with 2 different team. Problem is, we are talking right now concerning if we should or not continu.

We are level 8 in one game (so near the end) and level 5 in the other. We first wanted to create a new game because we thought we missed many things.

After searching everywhere, every pixel, we just missed 2 chests and there are still many quests we didn't finish and have no idea how to finish it.

I read online that some quests can't be finished right now and that there's going to be a lot more improvement to come so.... Maybe it's the right thing not to end the EA so we could go through act 1 again with unbuged quests ?

What are you thoughts about it ?

Thank you

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Angelus Errare
Maybe it's the right thing not to end the EA so we could go through act 1 again with unbuged quests ?

What are you thoughts about it ?

Thank you

Where did you get that EA is limited time only? I'm pretty sure just like any other EA out there it will be available until release date and it's gonna be regularly patched for us to test new and improved things.

Last edited by Aramintai; 19/09/16 08:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Angelus Errare
Maybe it's the right thing not to end the EA so we could go through act 1 again with unbuged quests ?

There won't be any end to EA. You can play the game as much and as often as you want from now on until eternity. wink

And of course you will be able to replay the first act as well once Larian will provide us with updates, bugfixes etc.

Last edited by LordCrash; 19/09/16 08:45 PM.

WOOS
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
You didn't understand me, maybe I didn't write this right (English isn't my native language) : I meants maybe it's the right thing that MY FRIEND AND I don't go to end of EA, that means to end of the content the EA has to give, since there is 99,9% chances the game will be clearly improved and we'll go through the act 1 again with improvements ^^

What I mean is : we love the game. Very much. But we don't want to be disgusted of it because we played it over and over again, every patch from the start to the end of act 1....

Playing this D:OS 2 made me want to play D:OS1 EE all over again and wait for patches for D:OS 2 but I feel like finishing the first act over and over again will make me dislike the game smirk

Last edited by Angelus Errare; 19/09/16 08:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well, that's kind of obvious. If you want to experience the game at its best you have to wait for the final release.

EA is specifically meant for people who either want to help Larian with feedback or for people who are that crazy about the game that they want to experience it multiple times in different development states before the final release.

If you just want to enjoy the game I can only recommend waiting for the final release next year. wink

WOOS
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Oh I love EA, don't get me wrong ^^ But I just feel like the first patches will be improvements and bug fixes (which is normal) and that I won't like to do the Act 1 in chains to see those improvements ^^

I did the EA of Grim Dawn since start and when the game finally released, I was nearly "sick of it" because I played so much on EA than I didn't even try the entire game with final release patch xD Don't want to do the same mistake ^^

veteran
veteran
I don't think that Larian will add a lot of extra content to the EA version in terms of general narrative, if that helps. They will probably add a lot of balance fixes, bugfixes and additional features like companion dialogue.

WOOS
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Yeah that does comfort me... Our first idea was to have at least one party finishing act 1 so when there'll be new content we could just continu our game. But as you said, new content (act 2 it is I guess) isn't going to be there before a long time so maybe we'll wait for a patch and try again to see the differencies but we won't play it too much or we'll get sick of it and that's what I'm afraid ^^

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
You won't be able to continue your game I am afraid - each major update for the alpha will break the old saves (Larian is doing that on purpose so that the bugs from the old version do not have the chance to sneak into the new alpha so that they are reported again despite being already fixed). There was no save continuity in the EA for DOS and we had to start a new game when it was finally released.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Oh really ? Wow, that changes everything, that mean every patch we'll have to start all over... Maybe I'll play only one patch over 2 or 3 then, depending of the size of patches smirk

Thanks for the advice !

veteran
veteran
Not every patch, just those that heavily change mechanics, making old saves incompatible (so yeah, once abilities get updated, expect to restart for example).

Support
Support

Also, it is possible to create different beta branches on Steam, so people would be still be able to finish playthroughs in progress (without having to catch the update and pause it, or backup the install folder in advance). An update could be placed on a beta branch (a couple of the larger D:OS updates had open or on-request betas before the general release), or the main branch updated, and a beta branch used for the previous version.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Where did you get that EA is limited time only?

Well... It IS...

I mean they have to release it sometime... Well there are those games that are in eternal Early Access.

veteran
veteran
I don't think permanent EA is something worth aiming for (as those are usually doomed).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard