Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Well, I am glad to see most people see this battle as the battle of the most cheese... makes me feel a little better about totally cheesting the cheese out of it.
Many thanks to Hail Storm for being totally OP, and then just keeping the CC up so Alexander couldn't do me any harm anymore.
I have a feeling that fight will be nerfed quite a bit, I'm not sure every gamer will appreciate the need to massively cheese-out. Especially once they fix that ranger and mage.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Okay just finish the fight not long ago ... Ahem (take like 1 H to write all this , Jezz) ALSO BAD ENGLISH , SORRY IN ADVANCE ! PROCEED WITH CAUTION !

My team : Main (OP as foot after the god awake + warlord) , Serbil (Rogue and ranger) , Lohse (All of it , yeah all of it...not the strong 3 memory one tho) ,Red price (Tank with iron and ice...and spit out fire +warlord)

First, i using my main to do the talk while i place Serbil and Lohse on the top of the left tower (The gate is south and ahead two boat is the north) in sneaking ,'cause first time i come in like a peacock and Alex just blinding my team to oblivion ,after that everything when south pretty fast ...

Back to my red prince i command him do all the leg works like a servant (Hah!) ,I let ''Red'' to place two oil barrel on top of the ladder to the left tower for locking the way (no up and down here!) the same thing to the right rooftop the oil barel being place under the ladder this time (lucky that i place it down there) > Everything is complete i check my stuff , let some potions for Lohse and Serbil then let Red phoenix to the left upper floor and ready for him to take down the mage right ahead (Oh, he also place the barrel under the ladder of the left tower and also two wood crate near them to block away any potential spell all stuff may hit two girl up there...or so i thing...) > Anything good then let the main finish his talk and bla,bla,bla > Alex snap and shiny like a ion light pub then blinding my main > Lohse turn , i let her teleport Alex to the right rooftop near the archer and rain down ice lance on them and bonus a oil fossil to them too > Serbil turn , i let her cast 'burn my eyes' (or so i can't remember) on my main to clear his blindness away then rain down one knockdown arrow on that Gheist(>he down) then flesh sacrifice and adrenaline kick in (>two more shot to the knee , bitch !) take away all his armor and 1/4 HP and he also spit down poison while taking hit > Main turn , hit the footer who now is down like a tree log, HARD (like a pro woodcutter) and with two chop Gheist stay down for good ,then cast the bless spell on the poison to turn it into bless poison(healing intensify)> Knight magister turn , phoenix down on my main(poison+fire = explode(now turn to bless fire)) and strike my main two times (then my main say he sense something then the magister rogue appear and just like 5 step away of my main) > Alex turn and archer now is frozen so no kicking , next ! > Lohse turn , cast her mosquito on Alex(block it with his armor), next is fire staff of magus on them BOOM and last stamina point is for that 'up fist spell' lmao > Oh ! Red, i forget him ... he just 'iron/ice armor' up and S/M with that F.mage ... easy peazy ... > Serbil turn , she shoot Alex two times...let skip to the part that the archer retreat from the rooftop down the right dock whose now just have only 0.5/4 HP left, while my main just teleport the knight away from holy fire and drop him near the rogue then kill two of them just by himself with cripple strike and normal attack (so OP...he clearly one hand handle those 5 guys in the room of fort joy without much effort...talk about lv 7 rape lv 4...) > Alex just slow down and catwalk on fire (so hot) on the rooftop but can't do anything but drink down 3 big healing potions and brink him back from 1/4 HP to 3/4 HP , meanwhile Red already finish toying with the poor F.mage whose now just lie there motionless (Red ,you damn S !) and triumphant stand proud like a footer peacock ... Anything left now is to kick that archer away and let Lohse use fossil again and boom then magus staff and poison spell ... after a while Alex got 1/3 HP left i let Serbil go sneaking right on the spot and use sniper skill to one shot Alex ... Oh, good lord i haven't see joy yet then mother footer worm strike up and gave me a nearly heart attack then proceed to teleport up the left tower floor and spit on the two girl up there (take half of they HP away) ... I rain on him anything i got but no melee atk > I let Red run far away > Serbil turn ,i let her using smoke bomb on where they stand to lock away worm vision then proceed to using spell on the footer after a bit the worm already got burning ,chill, disease on him with no armor left then he teleport down the main hall facing my main > My main turn , he just receive one strike from the worm but nothing bad happened so he just using Overpower on the worm and then phoenix away to the rooftop on the right and thrown any things he got at the worm...after like two turn the worm go down left my party with one level up and no major damages with just a click of bed roll and anything just like brand new again, LOL !

Finish the game in classic but after meating god it nealy like explore ... it good tho, i feel a power like a god not like any game i play before and they say i got the power ... well, yeah power from farming like a farmer and dead and do that again , again like a sucker ... 10/10 game ! FEEL GOOD MAN !

Last edited by ThatCoconut; 06/10/16 09:11 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Level 7 is more than enough like everyone said.

Alexander got to play once before it was my turn. He did little something. Then it was my pyromancers turn, who basicaly obliterated Alexander, his gheist and one more magister in single turn. My warrior finished another magister and it was only the rogue left i think. Then worm spawned and killed the rogue. I broke the worms armour using one normal hit and overpower. Then my ranger got to play. Flesh sacrifice, rage, sneak, and hit with snipe for over 1000k. Then the worm did some damage, almost killed one of my guys, but i finished it off next turn.

journeyman
journeyman
My very first playthrough ended with alexander while all the party was at lvl 7 without any really useful gear equipped save for braccus' set. I still managed to get out of the fight with relative ease thanks to judicial use of every single usable I had in my inventory (which were a ton, since I always make a point of ending fights without using consumables unless 110% necessary). What really saved me was teleport to get blinding radiance alexander away from my squaddies and then netherswap to have my main (wizard lohse) change position with the enemy mage high on the right. Then the big worm came in and basically obliterated every single enemy bar alexander (who got petrified by cursed earth spray). Surprisingly, I found the worm to be much more challenging that alexander, since it has high resistances and hits like a mac truck. Alexander does as well, but he is at least very easy to crowd control thanks to almost non-existant resistances and no particular immunities. What really saved my skin was a strategic use of bless on a pool of blood which healed all of the other characters. Keep in mind that this was with a minimal gear + minimal skills because I was always broke.

Second playthrough: managed to get to lvl 8 before the fight, also had tons more of cash thanks to all the paintings of alexander scattered all over the keep, which obviously meant more neat gear and more skill books.

This time, the fight was a cakewalk. I had kept sebille and ifan ben mezd in reserve, away from the fight, up until alexander cast that blasted brilliance and blinded lohse and the red prince. The red prince took care of alexander's armor thanks to overwhelm, then I had lohse swap position with the magister wizard on the right. Sebille joined the fray with a snipe that 1-shotted the wizard, after which it was ifan's turn who entered the fight in sneak and used that ability which grants 500% damage against a backstabbed foe if you are undetected, which instagibbed alexander. Then the worm came in, killed the geist and a couple of magisters, and then proceeded to attack my group, but thanks to gear + potions + spells it was very easily dispatched.

I was playing on classic on both playthroughs.

All in all, it's far from an impossible fight, even with mediocre gear and skills, as long as you have teleport (netherswap isn't mandatory but it helps) and a sound plan (like, say, having your backstabber and sniper stay out of the fight until alexander and the wizard mage are exposed).

Also: there's a conveniently placed barrel of oil not so distant from alexander's roaming zone...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard