Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
My understanding is that loot is generated when you "enter" an area. Unfortunately, the game currently thinks we "entered" the tower with the storm cloud in it on the northern beach as soon as we spawn in game. This results in loot being generated at level 1.

It was really underwhelming to have my first purple item be a level 1 dagger that does 8-9 damage... Especially considering that the location was only accessible after leaving the prison. You will most certainly be above level 1, and the items you found will be useless.

I'm not even sure how this problem could be fixed, but I wanted to bring it to the devs attention. Perhaps the loot could generate upon gaining the quest experience for escaping the prison instead?

Last edited by Spectre_777; 22/09/16 08:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
There's a similar problem at 460, 201. A skeleton in the swamp which requires a teleport skill to reach had a fire skillbook, a potion, and a magic mace (Fellhammer), but the mace was Level 1, and it should be level 4 or 5.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Its hiberheim all over again I think that some areas that are specifically designed around you being a certain level to reach should not be able to spawn anything lower than that average enemy level. Set a minimum gear level for specific/hidden chests and all is well.

veteran
veteran
Should probably just stuff in an unique weapon rather than random.
And yes, loot is random, but every container has a level. Why we got lvl 20 lucky charm drops with huge sell-prices as level 1's in D:OS1. Not sure if that individual container could be level-boosted smirk

S
S
Why not just have item level tied to the level of the person opening the chest? If some power gamer wants to not open a bunch of chests until the late game - who cares? Most people will be happy to have level appropriate gear when they get to chests - no matter when they actually find them. Backtracking to explore and find a chest you missed? no problem - shiny new loots for you.

Last edited by Surrealialis; 25/09/16 03:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
Then if you explore first and then fight later, you will have worse gear to show for it? Doesn't sound ideal to my either.
Any kind of level scaling is pretty much a no-no in my book. It never ends well.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard