Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
So, after the Elves we now have a Lizards hating topic? *sigh*

I guess that's why most modern games stick to boring old humans and extremely humanoid aliens (though I guess a Dwarven hate topic is next). I love the Lizards.

addict
addict
Opinions?
In my Internet?

Actually, I'm not a fan of the dwarves. I'm just liking the humans and lizards so far. Though the elves seem kind of cool mechanically.

Last edited by Ayvah; 29/09/16 11:57 AM.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
So, after the Elves we now have a Lizards hating topic? *sigh*

I love the Lizards!

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
(though I guess a Dwarven hate topic is next).

I do hate Dwarves as a fantasy trope though. At least they tried to make the Elves more interesting. The dwarves just seem to be bog standard. If they have Scottish accents when the game's voice work is added, I'm going to cry.

Hey, where's that Dwarven hate thread? I'd like to get in on that. wink

S
veteran
veteran
S
The Lizards have an incredibly novel design, how on earth would you want them more human? Why would you want a human face? On Lizard people?

I for one would instead like more faces like the first and the last one: Faces that have character and dont look like some random reptillian species.

And yeah dwarves are the only race here that deserves hate.
And even them arent so bad due to the females having amazing hairstyles.

Last edited by Sordak; 29/09/16 01:37 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
[quote=vometia][quote=Cloudrunner] No, what I'm talking about would be like the Argonians from Skyrim. Literally a human with a lizard head and tail attached to them. Complete with boobs for some reason. Or like the Worgen in WoW, again look like supermodels with a dog face plopped on them. If you're going to make an animal-like race at least go the extra step and give them a unique body structure. That's why I like the lizards in this game. [/quote]
They used to look somewhat different in Morrowind. I remember that guy in Solstheim (or maybe it was a khajiit, but the same applies) moaning about not being able to find any boots that fit.

But then Oblivion happened and they gave them human bodies with novelty heads and a tail. [/quote]

Actually, Morrowind is the only exception where the Beast race (aka Argonians and Khajiit) had digitigrade legs and the female Argonians with no boobs (except for the wrong clothing meshes given which can be easily fixed via mods). While previous Elder Scrolls games (Arena and Daggerfall) had the beast race with human bodies and said novelty heads and tail. That said, you can say that Morrowind was the odd one here.

But not to stray from the subject. I honestly had my jaw drop when I saw the Lizards. They are just amazing, both male and female. And I am loving the gender dimorphism with the Lizards. I don't have a single complaint and I can't wait to dive deep into their lore soon!

The dwarves are... alright. But I did get surprised that they can use magic since in most games they don't, so that's a big plus!

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Plavi

I honestly had my jaw drop when I saw the Lizards. They are just amazing, both male and female. And I am loving the gender dimorphism with the Lizards. I don't have a single complaint and I can't wait to dive deep into their lore soon!

And all the pretty colors!

This is now the Lizard Appreciation Thread.

Larian, I demand--DEMAND-- the ability to make an all-Lizard party. It is cruel and unusual to force me to play with the inferior races.

Last edited by Gelatinous Rube; 29/09/16 02:47 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Rube

Larian, I demand--DEMAND-- the ability to make an all-Lizard party. It is cruel and unusual to force me to play with the inferior races.

Indeed! Slaves should know their station and not be allowed as equals in the party. XD

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Skallewag
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Rube

Indeed! Slaves should know their station and not be allowed as equals in the party. XD

I *am* curious what reason the Lore gives for Lizards not ruling this world. They're smarter than everyone else, they've got dragon breath, and a really interesting fashion sense.

How did my PC ever come to enslaved by such inferior creatures? It's inconceivable!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard