Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Well, the recipes are actually in the .txt file, the XML file is only there so that recipes appear in the recipes page of the crafting window.
Although I haven't looked into the mod, it can be that Smarmbot simply removed some recipes from the .txt or commented them out (with '//').

M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I'm having an issue with the xc_bags mod, possibly. I think the problem might be with XC_Bags because it's the only MOD (.pak file) that I have activated, although I do have various graphical mods that place/replace files in the Data folder.

The issue is that sometimes when scrolling over items in the inventory, the wrong tool tip is displayed. It shows the tool tip of the item 1 or 2 slots before the hovered over item. Sometimes it doesn't perform this behavior and everything is correct. I can't figure out what is causing it to happen. Anyone observed this behavior before and know of a way to fix it?

This might not be related, but when loading DOS:EE, I receive a popup message that states: The files of mod 'XC_Bags' and/or its dependencies are invalid. Etc.

Thanks

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Yeah, this is known and it's an engine bug, but I stumbled into it, because of stupidity ...

It is caused by books with many pages, I think when a book has more than 10 pages, those books cause inventory problems. The mod contains a lot of books with more than 10 pages.

There are different solutions to fix it, and a workaround once the game is started.
The workaround is to split up the book contents into many books that contain less pages. This does not work for games already started, so I never implemented it. (At least it requires some more or less complicated actions by the user if doable at all without risking game crashes.)

The workaround is to move the books out of the inventory (and out of any bag/backpack) and store them somewhere. This could be an empty barrel, crate or chest one deposits at an easily reachable place, or one puts them into the 'Paperwork Container' in the 'Cyseal Crafting Station'.
The tooltip bug only seems to occur when a container has many other items in it, so it should work with little problems to pick them up again only when needed, which is normally only when looking up crafting recipes.
If the inventory is not overly full - after selling stuff to traders - the display bug should not occur.

So my recommendation is:
- move the books to the paperwork container (that's what I did in my own playthrough since I hardly had anything else in it)
- only pick up the books you need when you need them - crafting - and put them back to the paperwork container afterwards
- only pick up the books after selling stuff because the bug appears when containers have many items inside (the main inventory is also a container in that sense)

If you can still see the tooltips of the books, using 'Send to Homestead' from the book's right click menu should automatically move the books to the Paperwork Container, so it should not be necessary to manually move it there. (You should see at least the first book's tooltip, I think the bug affects only stuff that comes after the 'triggering' book inside a container.)

After relocating the books, everything should work as normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Things can go wrong if one blindly relies on some developer's patch notes ...

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2017-07-26: v. 0.5.1.14

- changed the scale of one metal helmet from 1.5 to 1.0 which hopefully fixes the 'metal helmet display bug'

This change will unfortunately not work for existing metal helmets which triggered the bug because the 'fix' cannot change stuff that is already stored in the savegame.
If hair that eventually disappeared together with the helmet does not come back after replacing the buggy helmet - test it by temporarily taking the helmet off -, try using the appearance mirror in the personal quarters in the homestead to fix that.

New players should never encounter the bug (if the mentioned fix works and the wrong scale was really the cause of the bug).

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey guys,

I'm a returning player, gave over a year break though no post was made since mid-2017, however, I would like to know if the dev(s) is still working on this.

What changes does a person miss out by playing this combined version?

Please someone let me know about this so that I can make my decision which either of the one I'd go with, thank you!

Last edited by BrecMadak; 04/06/19 10:15 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard