Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So, I've gotten pretty far in the game for what I'm dealing with. I've killed Sebille and Ifan before they joined me, and I'm playing Lohse, so I only have two people. One is a memory build with 4 thievery and a bunch of spells (my skillbar is full, I wish there were more) as well as some marksman skills. The other is the red prince, who I just BARELY didn't kill. He has his standard skills, plus zip zap and blinding radiance. I put all my points on him into Strength and Con. Now, I can get through all of the dudes just fine, but when the voidwoken deep dweller (blue dude) dives me, he hits for over 300 damage, without rage. That, and he gets attacks of opportunity, so I can't even run from him. Teleporting him just makes him dive me again, and I am using all my CC on the little dudes, so I can't spare any for him. Any tips?

apprentice
apprentice
Two characters, huh? Abuse barrels and bombs. Barrel-based fireworks are THE solution to any issues in life.
Not exactly a fool-proof advice, but Bless can also be real helpful in that fight, particularly against the skeletons. If you don't have it, go explore elsewhere.

SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Don't you get bless from just after this fight, though? :O

veteran
veteran
There's at least one other place you can get Bless from - I got it from that place.

apprentice
apprentice
Nope. I think there are like 3 or 4 different places where you can get it, at least as far as I understand it.

SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Okay, sweet! Thanks guys!

P
stranger
stranger
P
I just cheesed it using the glove of teleportation to avoid the skeleton ambush and get bless.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
That is a very difficult fight, especially if that is the first time you're doing it. I recall that should be a level 6 fight. I tried doing it on level 5 and was completely obliterated a couple of times on my first run through. So, I have to wait till level 6 before reattempting to make it easier. Having a better understanding of the game also plays a part of making the fight easier, e.g. knowing some good combo to bring armor down real quick, e.g. adrenaline-rage-chameleon-snipe. On my first play through with limited knowledge, what I did is to summon totems and summons to help. Sometimes the mob will prefer to attack them and so they spend some AP on lesser foes smile.

Start on the high ground on the right. He will teleport to you. You have the option to use source power if you have acquired it. If you have not, focus fire it's armor down for CC and teleport the lesser mob down, especially the archer and melee.

It depends on your party composition and build. Since you're having an range build, you can teleport him to the low ground. Use your ranger combo, adrenaline-rage-chameleon-snipe to bring his armor down then CC. The key is to CC him preferably in a turn or 2 before he kills you. It will be easier once you get the big gun on CC or down.

If you still fail to down him, level up to 7. Then he will be cake.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by yttihs; 19/06/17 06:27 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Nicou 

Link Copied to Clipboard