Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Is it possible to control precisely the position of characters just prior to initiating combat? If they're chain linked in the portraits, my guys wander over to each other and move from where I've put them.

If they're not chain linked, then they don't seem to become part of the battle sequence when the fight begins.

Sorry, I'm sure this is basic, but I'd really appreciate the help!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
If they aren't in the battle sequence you can still select them and get them to join in. I do wonder if there may be a penalty in doing so, though: I've a feeling they may miss a round as a result but I don't have enough experience with trying it to know for sure one way or the other.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Normaly if the not linked characters are in range of the fight they all get into but on their position. If they are not in range the fight begins without them while they can do what they want. They don't get penalties or anything. The only problem is if there are enemies with higher initiative they act first and can attack your in fight mates while you are focused at your not in fight chars. You can't stop the game while this is happening so it is a bit confusing. You can always start a fight with one character and the others in a safe distance but all enemies will focus the one character in fight.

If the characters are linked in reach they will always position themselfs like the system told them to do (you can't do anything against that I think)

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 29/09/16 03:19 PM.
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
It's puzzling - can you change the default behaviours of the characters in positioning themselves? Like - why does the ranger, standing on higher ground before the fight, move immediately into near-melee range after the rogue pulls off his backstab?? That's crazy.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Unlink your characters then they shouldn't move after combat is initiated.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard