Print Thread
#589963 28/09/16 02:21 PM
C
Cylion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
So I am kinda mad to be honest. First of all from all the NPC in Fort Joy Butter was the only one who really liked me frown and I am even a lizard at that! So we planned a date (I know that isss sooo romantic). Jokes aside, I was looking forward meeting her later on the game. I didn't want to tell that idiot camp leader whose name shall not be named on this post because he is EVIL xD so I had to fight him and do you know who joined him? My beloved Butter! Is there anyway to convince her before I start the fight? If not please make it so... Now I have to reload, get the lizard killed just so I can satisfy my loveless life.

Cylion #589966 28/09/16 02:56 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I must admit that scenario troubled me somewhat too. I always thought that Butter was simply doing something that was expedient for her survival and that the lizard was just caught up in things, but after playing as Sebille it seemed that he was quite a bit less innocent than I'd previously assumed. Of course some of that may have been Sebille's perception but I think he was not exactly above board.

Helping out the local mob didn't really sit well with me, but I guess I had to figure out the least worst solution. Saving Butter and the imprisoned elf as well as several other admittedly disreputable characters at the cost of an at least equally disreputable character seemed like it was the best outcome, though admittedly I'd prefer one with no killage at all.

Edit: of course there's the possibility I've been had: I do have to wonder about her name, as in "butter wouldn't melt", maybe.

Last edited by vometia; 28/09/16 03:01 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
Cylion #590032 28/09/16 09:55 PM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
It's possible to sneak and lockpick the cage or steal the key from Griff. Then nobody dies. Also I once told Griff who the thief was and then killed the killer he sent for the lizard.

Cylion #590037 28/09/16 10:16 PM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I teleported him out without anyone noticing, but after I spoke to him in the cave whenever I would get close Griff's gang would attack. I could walk around the camp before I spoke to him fine, but not after. It was frustrating.

Cylion #590182 29/09/16 11:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Yup, reloaded here aswell noticing I had to kill Butter for some weird reason if Griff's party attacks... makes no sense to me so I added it to my bug-report list.

(But yes, they all survived thanks to Butter... grrr...)

Cylion #590252 29/09/16 04:11 PM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I think this spot in the game is a perfect place to add a little dialogue. If there is an automatic flag to make Griff's gang hostile if the elf is freed without the gang getting the thief's name, then I would suggest it be switched to trigger a conversation instead. It makes sense that they would be suspicious of the new guys in camp if the elf were mysteriously missing, so perhaps a difficult persuasion check should be required to talk them down.

Cylion #593457 16/10/16 07:54 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Late, but another way to get around this is to simply split your group 3/1 or 2/1 after getting the Drudaene from the Lizard thief. Convince him with Red Prince to hand it over promising to protect him, send back your weakest member(I sent the female elf rogue type), then once you talk to The Gang & turn him over, you jump cam back to the other members & kill the assassin sent (Be careful to use NPC specific skills, or the Lizard will become hostile if hit). He'll offer you compensation for saving him, & the Gang seems none the wiser.

Cylion #593464 16/10/16 08:50 PM
Honestly there should be a challenging persuasion check to convince him that he doesn't need to know who did it. Currently the seemingly "correct" way to handle the situation diplomatically just leads to an automatic fail state which is a minor problem in my book.

Edit

Example:
Charm: (Lie) It wasn't attended, I found it in a hidden stash near the beach.
Logic: You have what you want, anything further will just cause more trouble for you and your gang.
Intimidate: Enough, you have your drugs now honor your deal.
Bribe: (100g) Maybe this will help make up the difference.

Last edited by Kilroy512512; 17/10/16 12:36 AM.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
Cylion #593971 20/10/16 07:20 PM
stranger
stranger
Or Butter perhaps should also turn friendly if you kill griff before Butter. Because then her contract shall then be not valid anymore.

But I fear, to make the choice saving Butter or the lizard is what Larian would like to see :-(

Cylion #593975 20/10/16 07:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Agree with the OP. Butter is a likeable character and I've always felt sad whenever I killed her (can't really say the same about anybody else in "her" gang, but whatever). One may talk of "guilt by association", but frankly, I wonder how many people would side with the stronger just to have a chance at survival. I wouldn't mind a speech check (or even better, a sidequest) to have her change sides and leave the gang.

#Butterlivesmatter!

Cylion #594113 21/10/16 11:46 AM
apprentice
apprentice
LOL

I've been avoiding this thread because I thought it was a spam message. (Like "here's 100 cooking tips to help you save butter and live better!") Shame on me.

I ran into this situation as well but when Butter joined the fight against my character, I just assumed her whole "let's meet up later" speech was more of a seductress' ploy to curry favor than a genuine offer. She made the bed she now sleeps in.

R.I.P. Butter.

Avilyss #594920 30/10/16 06:05 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
What makes things even more heart breaking is when you read her diary found on her dead body where she writes she thinks she has found a lover lol, Larian devs are sadistic people :p Same with the blind magister with his little daughter writing to him lol xD

Last edited by Socfredis; 30/10/16 06:15 PM.
Cylion #594923 30/10/16 06:55 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think we might be able to meet her in Arx - outside of the island? So we wouldn't have access to that content.

Socfredis #594925 30/10/16 07:57 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Socfredis
What makes things even more heart breaking is when you read her diary found on her dead body where she writes she thinks she has found a lover lol, Larian devs are sadistic people :p Same with the blind magister with his little daughter writing to him lol xD

That blind magister could've been responsible for God-Knows-What atrocities, considering what his order is up to. Slaughtering him really didn't make me bat an eye, even after having read his daughter's letter (and considering that he still behaves a self-righteous knob even if you try to reason with him, I've kinda enjoyed killing him). Butter, on the other hand....

Cylion #595166 05/11/16 03:13 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I just engage Butter in Conversation with one character then slaughter Griff and the others. Afterwards she remains at her post and friendly and a vendor.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard