Next Thread
Print Thread
#591013 03/10/16 12:51 AM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Hey Larian Studios I would like to request Linux Support. Since Original Sin is on Linux I imagine that support for Original Sin 2 should not be too much of a challenge.
I have a dedicated group of 4 players all Linux users that can not wait to play your new Game. We all are owners of Original Sin 2. In fact I love your first game so much that I helped to modify it to be playable for up to 4 players for Linux. Also I am a programmer so I do understand that it can be difficult to port if you don't think about other OS's to begin with; but I really hope that is not the case. See Here: WolfRage provides radiff2 hex to patch game for 4 player mod.

R
stranger
stranger
R
From what I've seen on Twitter and FB and other places, they are open to ports but for the release they're first and foremost working on the PC Windows Version. I wouldn't give up on a Linux port, but I also wouldn't count on it being there at release.

A
stranger
stranger
A
That would be awesome! I was so happy that we were able to get it for Linux last time. All my players and I would be greatly disappointed if we were left out.... like I will have to leave out a 5th or 6th player...

D
stranger
stranger
D
I write video with Divinity Original Sin 2 works with Wine On Linux Mint 18.1
You can see it on youtube by keywords
unfortunately i don't have a right as a new user to post links or video

Im already pay for Divinity original Sin 2 Early.,
Many users just don't register to leave a post about Linux version game, but they will pay and play

Last edited by dj--alex; 24/05/17 11:53 AM.
Support
Support

You can post links now. Actually, you could post links before; they just wouldn't show up as clickable (a measure to discourage spam).

D
stranger
stranger
D

stranger
stranger
@dj--alex: Great. But seems to have sound and other glitches. Also seems to be very slow.

Most modern DX games don't run proper with wine. Doom 2016 runs perfectly also via wine but it was implemented with native OpenGL/Vulkan support. I think Divinity is a DX Game.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Looking forward to the Linux version with a great anticipation!

In order to start the first D:OS in Linux, I had to compile and preload divos-hack.so which is a workaround for the open source AMD drivers; but still, it was much simpler than the puzzle in the Source Temple. :)

G
stranger
stranger
G
So what about a Linux release? Will it come and if so, when? I won't buy it if no linux port/release, please tell us as we are many to wait for such information.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I do as well hope for a gnu/linux release! Especially on GoG.

Last edited by eNTi; 15/09/17 09:36 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
You already know we want Linux support do you? But nevertheless, here is my vote! smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Just registered to ask for a Linux port as well. My brother and I have been working through the first one all via Linux, and it's fantastic! Looking forward to the second one being available for it as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Myst DeMeanor
Just registered to ask for a Linux port as well. My brother and I have been working through the first one all via Linux, and it's fantastic! Looking forward to the second one being available for it as well.

Well, if you don't want to wait an interminable period, or forever, as the case may be, simply boot Windows alongside Linux, and away you go. If and when it may arrive in a Linux port, btw, it won't look, play, or feel any better at all running under Linux, guaranteed. Just a suggestion--if you are running an x86 box you don't have to wait at all. (It's running great under Win10x64, latest Insider Preview, if you're interested.) I write this because I know how difficult it was for me to wait for this game, as is--can't imagine waiting for another six months just to find out if a version will be released for a Linux distro, and then maybe a year or more past that to get it...ugh! No Thankee...;) Most commonly, the Linux ports are farmed out to people other than the game's original developers--so, it just seems silly to deprive yourself in that way.

I'm having a blast with it at the moment! Good luck...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard