Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
if you look below at the picture I linked. Love & hate are on there... I was just curious if they are going to make it into game? and how do they work?

is it NPCs or Companions?
Edit: Also sorry if this was covered somewhere. I was googling like crazy.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ellary; 05/10/16 06:18 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
It seems that the beginnings of it are there: I found myself chatting up Butter in the camp kitchen area, which I'm assuming wasn't intended to just be a few throw-away lines. I'm curious to see where they'll go with it!

J'aime le fromage.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
It seems that the beginnings of it are there: I found myself chatting up Butter in the camp kitchen area, which I'm assuming wasn't intended to just be a few throw-away lines. I'm curious to see where they'll go with it!

Yay glad I am not alone in being curious about it. whoever the writers are I hope they get lots of hugs.. cause I will admit lately when I play games I skip dialog, but I am actually reading the dialog in Divinity Original Sin 2. Which is why I was like OoO Love and Hate are going to be great if they make it in.... I personally want to flirt up Griff *grabs a stick* no one judge me!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Ellary
I personally want to flirt up Griff *grabs a stick* no one judge me!

No love for Paladin Cork? biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I personally want to flirt up Griff *grabs a stick* no one judge me!

No love for Paladin Cork? biggrin

I do! but he leaves right away ;_; and I don't know if I ever see him again. not gotten that far..I actually when I go to that point was like "YES! new male teammate" but sadly I was wrong.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Yay glad I am not alone in being curious about it. whoever the writers are I hope they get lots of hugs.. cause I will admit lately when I play games I skip dialog, but I am actually reading the dialog in Divinity Original Sin 2. Which is why I was like OoO Love and Hate are going to be great if they make it in.... I personally want to flirt up Griff *grabs a stick* no one judge me!

What, that muscley alpha man, who has that gruff, throaty voice, those bulging biceps, knows his way around a knife and lets me (literally) juggle his oranges? Totally judging, because that's a A+ option.

Although, Personally, I am lusting over Paladin Cork. As of this very moment, I'm saving up money IRL to commission a digital painting of him from my friend! He just left such a lasting impression on me, after like 30 seconds of dialogue. I mean, he's so sweet! He fought against like 8 people just to save me, without even questioning if I was a bad guy or not. He just saw my collar and was like "Gotta be a hero now!" and zoomed in like a plate-covered Superman. And then, what's the first thing out of his mouth after the fight? "Are you all right?" *Squeee~!*

Butter is pretty cute, too, but I like Lhose WAY better! She's funny, cute, snappy, and she juggles! I love her so much!!

I can't wait to see what other suitors they can come up with! =D

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Oh no, I think the poor Paladin Cork died in my playthrough... Is he the one in the courtyard of the Fort Joy castle?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Oh no, I think the poor Paladin Cork died in my playthrough... Is he the one in the courtyard of the Fort Joy castle?

;-; yes.

Saving him is totally worth it, trust me! He's such a nice guy, and he promises to... well... You'll see~!

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Had that issue also which is why I restarted. Went into the keep and out behind him. just so I could heal, fortify, arctic wind (magic armor) him.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Had that issue also which is why I restarted. Went into the keep and out behind him. just so I could heal, fortify, arctic wind (magic armor) him.

laugh laugh laugh

On my solo mage playthrough, I put haste, fortify and armor of frost on him, and just cheered him on the whole fight, healing him every time he took damage. I had to use Steam Lance, since I didn't attack, but it was soooo worth it.

I hope to see him again! If he's not a romance option, then I am DEFINITELY making it a mod! I will bring him blood roses, play the lute for him, impress him with my juggling skills, and make him mine!

veteran
veteran
I think this article is relevant....in the final game in single player you won't control the reactions of your companions....they will have their own agendas and opinions and so on so there will be conflict management there: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-04-understanding-divinity-original-sin-2-in-early-access

apprentice
apprentice
I'd assume it's about companions. A bitter rivalry with your companion is going to be far more interesting than just some NPC and it's a concept I personally adore.
Party dialogues, whenever they come out, will probably clear this up a bit, one way or the other.

Edit: Didn't see the post right above me, that's pretty great news!

Last edited by Klavi; 05/10/16 12:30 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
On my run though I was flirting it up with Butter. She saw past my cannibalistic ways. Wife her.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I think this article is relevant....in the final game in single player you won't control the reactions of your companions....they will have their own agendas and opinions and so on so there will be conflict management there: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-04-understanding-divinity-original-sin-2-in-early-access

thank you for the link! ♥

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Guess I am going to have to kill Sibelle and keep Loshe around for the powers of Chaos.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
just read the article, the top half about party relations. I hope the Love part means I can flirt up Ifan or Red Prince \o/

enthusiast
enthusiast
just read the article, the top half about party relations. I hope the Love part means I can flirt up Ifan or Red Prince \o/

Oooo, I never thought about flirting with Ifan! He seems like such a nice guy. Cutey, too! Hopefully we get a storyline where we can help to cure him of his addiction, and start to show him a new side of life. I'd also like it if, before this storyline, he were to snag any drudanae that he sees and eat it grin

As for the red prince... well, I don't mean to be racist against lizards, but... uh... He's.... Not my type. Not into the whole... Dragon head... Lizard tail... Claws... thing. I'd still give him a chance eventually, though! He's got a dashing personality, and is very articulate.

Also, for the record, I hope they add in an Apache mod delta for Lyrhe to be with. It makes me so sad that his orientation is so underrepresented in this day and age frown

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard