Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#592030 06/10/16 02:56 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
Kresky Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
I watched some DOS2 videos in the past that showed spell crafting (taking two different spells and combining them to create an entirely new spell). I understand that this new system hasn't yet been introduced, but after playing Early Access and seeing the spells that are available it makes me think about potential combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__wzUv582lI (old video but it shows what I'm talking about)

Here's one that I thought would be clever;

Filthy / Fireblood - Enemies in target area will bleed fire when hit. Creates a small fire surface beneath each target.

Contamination - Deals X-Y damage and sets Poisoned to enemies around you. Turns water, blood and surfaces and clouds into poison!

Combine those two to maybe create Poisonblood -- which would be really funny with Comeback Kid and Zombie.

Anyways, have fun, and share your ideas about other combinations with the existing spells that you think would be interesting.

Last edited by Kresky; 06/10/16 03:01 AM.
Kresky #592038 06/10/16 03:39 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Kresky
I watched some DOS2 videos in the past that showed spell crafting (taking two different spells and combining them to create an entirely new spell). I understand that this new system hasn't yet been introduced, but after playing Early Access and seeing the spells that are available it makes me think about potential combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__wzUv582lI (old video but it shows what I'm talking about)

Here's one that I thought would be clever;

Filthy / Fireblood - Enemies in target area will bleed fire when hit. Creates a small fire surface beneath each target.

Contamination - Deals X-Y damage and sets Poisoned to enemies around you. Turns water, blood and surfaces and clouds into poison!

Combine those two to maybe create Poisonblood -- which would be really funny with Comeback Kid and Zombie.

Anyways, have fun, and share your ideas about other combinations with the existing spells that you think would be interesting.


Oh? I thought spellcrafting was removed? omg omg my excitement level is going through the roof. it's still being added in? I really really want to make healing rain spell by combining restoration and rain.

Kresky #592040 06/10/16 03:47 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
Kresky Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
I really hope it wasn't removed, that would make me sad.

Kresky #592042 06/10/16 03:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Kresky
I really hope it wasn't removed, that would make me sad.


It hasn't been on any of the articles or anything.. and rain of blood just became a spell. It was a huge selling factor for me and one of the top reasons I wanted the game. With no talk of it anywhere.. I just figured it was removed.

edit* fixed some typing errors. my spelling and typing has been so off tonight.

Last edited by Ellary; 06/10/16 04:19 AM.
Kresky #592048 06/10/16 04:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,863
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,863
It's an alpha, lots of the intended things are not in yet. That seems to includes all the kickstarter stretch goals right now.

Kresky #592049 06/10/16 04:19 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
S
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
S
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Given that neither crafting nor the full extent of, or even all categories of skills have been implemented yet it is most likely just the case that spell crafting simply has not been added yet but will be once the required systems are in place.

There is lots of stuff we dont have yet. wink

Kresky #592056 06/10/16 04:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
My reason for saying it's out is.. well Rain of Blood is now a base spell for witches and one you can buy off the diseased lady in fort. It also has not been brought in a very very long time.

Kresky #592057 06/10/16 04:47 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
Kresky Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 128
Combine Teleport and Netherswap and get?

Kresky #592091 06/10/16 09:30 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
T
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
T
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
I tried every combination possible, either its not there anymore or just not included in the Alpha build.

I hope its there.

Ellary #592098 06/10/16 10:52 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 32
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Ellary
Oh? I thought spellcrafting was removed? omg omg my excitement level is going through the roof. it's still being added in? I really really want to make healing rain spell by combining restoration and rain.


Swen specifically mentioned that spell crafting (as well as Spirit Talking) isn't in the current EA build, so it's not cut or anything. Had the same worry myself, though.

To stay on topic: more than anything, I hope you'll be able to find a use for currently worthless spells with spell crafting. Making an offensive version of Steam Lance by throwing some blood into it would be sweet.

Klavi #592099 06/10/16 11:17 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Klavi
Originally Posted by Ellary
Oh? I thought spellcrafting was removed? omg omg my excitement level is going through the roof. it's still being added in? I really really want to make healing rain spell by combining restoration and rain.


Swen specifically mentioned that spell crafting (as well as Spirit Talking) isn't in the current EA build, so it's not cut or anything. Had the same worry myself, though.

To stay on topic: more than anything, I hope you'll be able to find a use for currently worthless spells with spell crafting. Making an offensive version of Steam Lance by throwing some blood into it would be sweet.


ahh, good~ I was googling like crazy and was only finding info from last year. So I assumed the worst. ^_^

Kresky #592100 06/10/16 11:21 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,695
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,695
Crafting is totally incomplete anway

Kresky #592131 06/10/16 04:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
From the press kit (last update on 19th August 2016):
You will still be able to combine ingredients in crafting: Players will come across items and materials which can be combined to create new and useful items - weapons, armor, potions, clothing - even food! But this time around there are also skills and equipment in the game that can only be obtained through crafting.

So yeah, skill crafting will be added to the game.


[Insert something funny here]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5