Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#592326 08/10/16 01:24 AM
Avilyss Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've done some looking around on the forums before I asked this question and please forgive me if it's already been discussed and I missed it but I only saw it mentioned in passing in one thread.

Are shields supposed to increase the AP it takes for your character to attack or is this a bug? For example, my sword and board Dwarf goes to attack at melee range. The game declares it will cost me 1 AP to attack but executing the attack costs me 2 AP, this is repeated in every attack and I take no other actions.

Is this confirmed somewhere as a feature of shields or could it be a bug?

Avilyss #592328 08/10/16 01:26 AM
veteran
veteran
It's intended, probably under the reasoning that using a shield increases your armor and you can get bonuses from the item.

However, the armor bonus is not especially impressive, and the Block chance is uselessly low, so shields need rebalancing.

Avilyss #592395 08/10/16 09:59 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a bug in that a 2AP attack displays a 1AP cost on mouse-over. I wasn't really paying attention when dual-wielding, but I know that if you're using a 2-handed weapon it will do it. It is intended to cost 2AP, though.

Basically, for every hand you have something equipped in, there's a 1 AP cost. So, the only way to get an actual 1 AP attack is to have one hand empty.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard