Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello all!
I can't start my 4th playthrough because i know everything...
Please tell me - Do we have some mods alredy or new difficulty? It will help for continue playing)

journeyman
journeyman
2 new difficultys are coming on release (tactitian mode and honour mode).
I highly doubt there are already mods for this game (nexus mods has a divnity original 2 site, but no mods yet).

[Insert something funny here]
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I doubt we'll see any gameplay changing mods for quite some time yet. More basic things like retexturing and possibly remeshing are possible, however, since the D:OS EE pak extractor works with the D:OS II files too. I've done a little experimentation including importing a mesh into Blender, though it seems there's no UV map and, er, I'm now straying off the point a little.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Mods are a complete unknown.....Larian may have slightly overpromised the mod tool they'd deliver for DOS(to say the least) so we have no idea how good the mod tool for DOS2 will be. Of course everyone here is hoping it will be something amazing like the toolkits Bethesda deliver for their games.....but we have no way to know until we get it.....which I hope will be at launch(the proper release I mean not early access).....I just hope it won't be another dud.

veteran
veteran
The answer is of course not. The alpha is less than a month old and hasn't even received one major patch yet. There's little chance that modding tools will appear before the full release and probably zero chance before the game reaches beta.

I would say that it is a very bad idea to repeatedly play the alpha. I made that mistake in D:OS 1 and was totally and completely burned out on Cyseal by the time it came out. I still haven't gotten far in the EE, that's how bad the burnout was. I'm only going to play D:OS 2 once per major patch and only with custom characters, no origin characters.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The answer is of course not. The alpha is less than a month old and hasn't even received one major patch yet. There's little chance that modding tools will appear before the full release and probably zero chance before the game reaches beta.

I would say that it is a very bad idea to repeatedly play the alpha. I made that mistake in D:OS 1 and was totally and completely burned out on Cyseal by the time it came out. I still haven't gotten far in the EE, that's how bad the burnout was. I'm only going to play D:OS 2 once per major patch and only with custom characters, no origin characters.

I only play at full release partly because of this and partly because I refuse to ever use Steam again. Beyond that I was a little surprised at how little customization the Origins allowed.....I mean sure a Lizard Prince has to be a Lizard so that's fine, maybe gender lock, not entirely convinced it's necessary but fine, I can understand.....but locking the face and skin customization seems unnecessary to me. Still....it's not something I hate or that bothers me too much....though I haven't made up my mind if I actually want to play any of them. That former slave elf killer spy on a mission to bring about total anarchy seems interesting.

veteran
veteran
Sebille, Red Prince and so are all costumable from face, hair and all that stuff. Only Red Prince color is locked, out of obvious reasons. You can as well just take them as NPC, but then the class will be determined aswell.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard