Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Over #597629 30/12/16 01:51 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Found a fairly easy way to cheese the last fight, as long as you have a teleport spell or two. Did it at lvl 6 with one level 5.

Get your weakest party member (support/healer if you have one) to talk to the Bishop, they won't be attacked once in dialogue. Once in dialogue the rest of the enemies will not attack you until you engage them, so there's no need to sneak and you can set the fight up however you want. (http://postimg.org/image/j2allsu55/)

Keep two people at the base of the stairs, preferably two people with teleport. The worm should pop up like 2 turns in and do his poison spray, just light it on fire and it will create a necrofire. Teleport enemies to the other side of the fire and they will die within a few turns of trying to reach you. If you stand right on the edge of the fire they will stay in it and attack you with physical attacks. The worm seems to prioritize attacking the magisters, it certainly never melee attacked my party, but just in case stand outside of melee range from it. All you have to worry about is the mage/archer. If you can, try and netherswap them with a melee into the fire otherwise you'll just have to kill them normally. Once all the magisters are dead just kill the worm, which should be fairly low since the magisters attack it fairly frequently. Then just heal your party up, end the dialouge with Alexander and kill him.

This may get nerfed but necrofire was doing almost 50 damage a tick, the rogue died in 2 turns trying to cross the necrofire.

Over #598013 06/01/17 07:16 PM
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Strategically, I prefered to keep my units not too far from eachothers, because the worm warped to my caster/archer in the back instantly leaving my warriors useless behind luckily on second try I equipped my warrior with the jumping fire skill.

What made this fight easy was to cast Bless on his cursed fire which heals you for a few turns instead of doing dmg.

Also, since he was the only boss that I died to, on second try, I actually equipped healing potions and personnally I felt invincible with them, they are really easy to make, dont waste buying them.

As for lvling, I reached this boss at around level 8.9 missing really little for level 9 and I did miss some quests, and didnt kill any innocent people. I was being pretty thorough while playing though. I got level 9 after the boss exp.

If you are still not strong enough to your liking, checking all shops for new gear every hour or level up is a pretty simple way to get better stats on your gear. There are easy way to make money in this game using crafting.

Over #598044 07/01/17 05:47 AM
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
So earlier in the thread, someone mentioned "order of operations" and experience triggers...

Would a list of such things be possible? I've just completed the game for the third time now, and every time I'm 20k exp shy of hitting level 8. I feel like I've explored every corner, teleported to every ledge, looted every room, but still I'm coming up short.

What's going wrong?

Over #598094 08/01/17 09:36 PM
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
No real list exists as of now, but just like in Divinity Original Sin, pretty much go through the Master List Quest and get the most exp out of them, make sure you explore every corner of the maps you get exp for exploring some places, speak to all NPCs, fight every enemy.

For now you can browse through these lists and se if you missed some things:
http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Party+Quests
http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Personal+Quests
http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/NPCs
http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Creatures

There might be someone who will make a walkthrough for it in the futur who knows. Just know that it is not at all needed to complete this game. This game offers a lot of diversity in how to do everything. For example, it is possible to fight Dallis and her forces in the beginning to get exp even though most people wouldnt waste time doing this.

Last edited by Finito; 08/01/17 09:39 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Johnny_Devo
So earlier in the thread, someone mentioned "order of operations" and experience triggers...

Would a list of such things be possible? I've just completed the game for the third time now, and every time I'm 20k exp shy of hitting level 8. I feel like I've explored every corner, teleported to every ledge, looted every room, but still I'm coming up short.

What's going wrong?
I think you might need to be on classic not explorer as groups seem to be smaller on explorer mode so you may not get enough to fight. You probably want pet-pal as well.

You could also try

• Turn stingtale into Griff then help stingtail kill the assasin Silence that Griff sends to kill him.
  • Make sure you wander into corners of rooms. There are places (like corner of frog cave and back of room with dogs in fort lower floor) that give XP for standing in correct spot.
  • Kill houndmaster and get ball. Using pet-pal give it to Bruno upstairs on lower floor. Then kill source hounds anyway if you must. Convince the caged dog in the next room life will be OK for more XP.
  • Fight Dallis and Bishop Alexander before you leave the fort. You'll probably want to be level 5 and must not have already left the fort to do that.
  • Kill Slane the dragon after refusing to give him the wand.
  • Make sure you don't kill the jester guy in Braccus tomb (where you get the soul jars) too quick - let him spawn all his copies and kill them first.
  • Smash the jesters soul jar and give granitatia (spelling?) hers back.
  • Allow the blind magister to cuff you (this will cause some undead to appear).
  • Take pet-pal, bless all the pigs and kill the guy with braccus mace that appears. Find the pig after and send her to the shelter (she makes a good trader as well).
  • Don't miss the tower by the beach shrine (that you have to teleport to where you pick up the ancient sword)

These all give decent XP.

I've not noticed the order matters much really (except fighting Dallis and the source hounds/ball thing).

If you save Alexander before going to the shelter you miss the healing quest in the shelter but it is only a few hundred. Same with saving Elodi at the start - if you ignore her too long you can't save her but again it is only a couple of hundred.

Over #598157 11/01/17 02:44 AM
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
How much exp does slane give you when you kill him vs when you give him the wand? I would hate to do that as I don't want to do any "dick move" things just to hit level 8.

How many waves of copies does the jester summon? I've only ever fought two waves worth of foes.

Never thought to allow the blind magister to cuff me. I'll have to try that.

Tower by the beach shrine I've been catching as well. I don't know if I remember getting the ancient sword there. It's possible I just glossed over it being a weaker item than what I was using though.

Should going after dallis be necessary? That sounds like it would be odd to need to do that to hit level 8.

Other than that, I get everything else listed. I also always play on classic mode.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I've not been methodical enough to note the various XP I'm afraid - just tried different options and picked the highest number... As I remember the jester sends only 2 waves but any remaining vanish when you kill the real one.

I don't know if fighting Dallis is *required* to get to level 8 before last fight but I've not done it without. I'll try that next time.

At the moment I'm playing on easy (to see if you still do it). It is a bit of a slog though - takes me 30 or 40 hours as I'm very slow.

Over #598201 11/01/17 04:15 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think I've always hit level 8 during the last fight, but not before it. But then again, I've never picked a fight with Dallis.

J'aime le fromage.
Over #598231 12/01/17 01:44 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
3 more questions : I got to the lava cave in the gargoyle's maze, but couldn't get off the spire and into the area with another skull or the chest. what have I missed ?
Is there any way to open the dark door to the room with the cursed lever and dead magisters ?
Is there any way to make the inert wands work ? The dragon came and killed all of the shriekers outside the gargoyle maze, but there's still the one outside the ruins with the dark door.

Over #598250 12/01/17 05:26 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Ok, I got the dark door open after reading about casting bless on the lever. What a let down to only get a helm that wasn't nearly as good as what I already have.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by mikmil43
3 more questions : I got to the lava cave in the gargoyle's maze, but couldn't get off the spire and into the area with another skull or the chest. what have I missed ?

There's different portals into the cave: ISTR the one that gets you to the bits and pieces you mention is in the same room as the burning archivist.

J'aime le fromage.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I got that one now too, thanks.

Over #598300 12/01/17 10:04 PM
veteran
veteran
There are at least two wands for source vampirsm as far as I recall. Only one you needed to give away for Slane.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Johnny_Devo
How much exp does slane give you when you kill him vs when you give him the wand? I would hate to do that as I don't want to do any "dick move" things just to hit level 8.
If you give the wand to Slane you get 120XP. If you refuse to give it to him you get 600XP. If you then kill his petrified form after you get another 3360 XP and usually some epic level 7 stuff. You can then use either of the wands or the helm to kill the shriekers.

Having played D2 I don't really like doing that but there you are. Evil pays sometimes.

Perhaps (hopefully) it will change next release as it was different in the last one although I forget how exactly. Certainly he was easier to kill before - I think only Marksmans Fang will do it now.

Ok, I got the dark door open after reading about casting bless on the lever. What a let down to only get a helm that wasn't nearly as good as what I already have.
Gives you source vampirism though and changes into something marginally better (but still cursed) after 5 uses.

I don't really like the Braccus' gear as not only is it rather weak for when you get it (except for the spear) the curses make it incompatible with Glass Cannon which is a very fun talent to play.

Is there any way to make the inert wands work ? The dragon came and killed all of the shriekers outside the gargoyle maze, but there's still the one outside the ruins with the dark door.
Don't think so. AFAIK you need to use the source vampirism skill from one of the 2 active purging wands or the helm. to kill that one. The others can either be killed by Slane or by yourself in the same way as you wish...

lx07 #598349 13/01/17 08:05 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks. I just let the dragon kill them and then took to the last big fight.
I'm wondering now if when the rest of the game releases, you will be able to carry this character forward, or have to start all over with a new one.

Over #598357 13/01/17 09:03 PM
veteran
veteran
An entirely new character. You'll have to make new characters to try out new future major versions of the alpha

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard