Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi,
i started a new D:OS EE Game and I regret to say that all difficultly levels are still much too easy!

is it possible to implement something like a "Impossible Difficulty Level" in D:OS2?

That would be great and a real Challenge wink

Last edited by john carmack; 10/10/16 12:07 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
There'll be harder difficulty levels at release date, but I wouldn't expect to see anything earlier than that I'm afraid, certainly not imminently.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
that's ok,

anyway.... i mean a "Impossible Difficulty Level" for the final release version D:OS2 wink

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
From what I gather, there'll be at least "hard" and "tactician" added. I'm not sure about impossible; er... put some Stockhausen on the gramophone and see if you can still concentrate on the game? biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
I would be exceptionally careful when requesting an "Impossible difficulty", that's exactly the kind of thing Swen would take literally on purpose.

"Okay, I'll just modify enemy damage by a factor of 100. Now that 9 damage "Vicious Voidling you fight at level 1 does 900 damage!"

veteran
veteran
They won't do anything remotely close to impossible.....but it would be really nice if they did a literally impossible difficulty and called it "Medium" difficulty.....oh the lols that would ensue. Impossible would be where all enemies are literally 100% immune to all damage, everything deals one hit kills on your characters and you can't progress without defeating enemies(which wouldn't be possible). If I were a developer though that is EXACTLY what I would deliver to everyone crying for difficulty and then I'd just laugh at them all and say "Not too easy now, huh?".....oh that wold be pure genius.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 10/10/16 04:08 PM.
old hand
old hand
Impossible at least sounds like it might be a challenge. Really though, this is a turn based game, think chess. Those taking their time using all the systems need a challenge.

Impossible Mode - they remove the accept button.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What "accept button"??

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kresky
Impossible Mode - they remove the accept button.

Originally Posted by john carmack
What "accept button"??

The joke.
-
-
-
Your head.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
The only reason why D:OS and D:OS EE was easy as pie was because there was literally no balancing in the game. You have unlimited access to almost all spells/skills that are extremely powerful and you always have hard counters to everything the game throws at you throughout the entire playthrough. Moreover attribute distribution is a no brainer, its too simple and straightforward such that you only need to pump the same 2 or 3 stats cos the other attributes are irrelevant and you still have more to spare. D:OS EE tried to curb this by tweaking the skill tree but it only made the early game slightly harder while mid and late game remains unchallenging.

The beauty of cRPGs is the limitations and restrictions surrounding the mechanics. The game mechanics are complex itself but not complicated. Every attribute, skill, spell, talent, trait, gear is important and useful but there is never enough points to get them or field them. Thats where players need to think, they have to make tough, meaningful decisions and strike a compromise with their character builds. If the game makes the players do that then it basically nailed the essence of cRPGs. Realize that there is flexibility & diversity in restrictions & complexity. One cannot exist without the other. This is something D:OS series should pick up on and they already did by having the memory system although it is still a crude mechanic and needs some polishing.

Last edited by ImariKurumi; 12/10/16 03:50 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The easiest way would be to leave all existing Difficultly Modes as it is and add a new Impossible Mode.

Just edit the Enemy Characters for "Impossible Mode" and give them

(new) Impossible Mode

+50% more Damage
+50% more Armor Rating
+50% more Vitality

Last edited by john carmack; 14/10/16 07:07 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Yaas, pls gief impossible mode Larian. We will prove you wrong. No wait, let me rephrase that. Sven, are you reading this?
You know what? I don't think you are good enough at coding to create a mode that I can't beat. Lets face it, Larian is not Blizzard.
You do make a neat game, but I don't think you could make one hard enough for a real gamer to beat. ;3

veteran
veteran
Just make a mode without sneaking :P

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Because that would make explosive barrels not exist? ^^

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Skallewag
Yaas, pls gief impossible mode Larian. We will prove you wrong. No wait, let me rephrase that. Sven, are you reading this?
You know what? I don't think you are good enough at coding to create a mode that I can't beat. Lets face it, Larian is not Blizzard.
You do make a neat game, but I don't think you could make one hard enough for a real gamer to beat. ;3

Creating a game that's impossible to beat is super easy, so the challenge is pretty pointless. The difficulty lies in creating a game that's hard, but also beatable.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Archibald
Originally Posted by Skallewag

Creating a game that's impossible to beat is super easy, so the challenge is pretty pointless. The difficulty lies in creating a game that's hard, but also beatable.

just add a very hard Difficultly level! ;-)

enthusiast
enthusiast
I get a very strong urge to tell the OP to stuff it.

Repeating the same thing over and over again is not going to get you more heard, it's just spam. You haven't even see the Tactician mode we KNOW will be in the final product, and that mode will probably amp up the difficulty from Classic - which I, incidentally, already found challenging.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi,
any news about a VERY HARD Difficultly level?

veteran
veteran
Tactician mode and Honor mode will still come with real release?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard