Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#593580 17/10/16 05:31 PM
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
Let me start by saying that this was just from my own experiences during any given play through. The enemies that I encountered rarely used special skills and made some fights pretty dull. In fact, in most engagements enemies would;

- Move
- Auto-Attack
- Pheonix Dive
- Grenade
- Special Arrow

I don't think the duration of the fight would have changed much. If anything, in a longer fight it would probably be more obvious that the enemies are going to rely on basic attacks. The reason being is that enemies seem to take any special actions towards the very beginning turns of combat.

I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way. I also hope that it is just because the game is still in Early Access and this is just the beginning act of the game.

Last edited by Kresky; 17/10/16 06:23 PM.
Kresky #593581 17/10/16 05:37 PM
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
To be honest, the first title was the same. On harder difficulties however they are more, let's say diverse. I do get what you mean, but I should advise you to wait a bit for the other difficulties or updates.

Kresky #593619 17/10/16 10:59 PM
Yeah, that's definitely only something they should do on higher difficulties. There are literally four active threads of people debating back and forth about whether or not CC is too strong with just the number of skills enemies currently use. I can;t imagine what it would be like if every fight had enemies throwing around skills for them.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
Kresky #593621 17/10/16 11:09 PM
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
Only something they should do on higher difficulties.

Interesting.

Kresky #593626 17/10/16 11:45 PM
Support
Support

There will be improvements to AI during Early Access, and the higher difficulty levels will have better AI (for example, in D:OS EE, on explorer difficulty non-boss opponents did not use CC or special arrows).

Kresky #593631 17/10/16 11:58 PM
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
Foreshadowing

The enemy AI will have the higher initiative, teleport our characters into groups and wombo us with hail strike/winter blast wizards and rage buffed warriors.

or... barrel us if we AFK
aargh

Last edited by Kresky; 18/10/16 12:10 AM.
Kresky #593707 18/10/16 04:20 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kresky
Foreshadowing

The enemy AI will have the higher initiative, teleport our characters into groups and wombo us with hail strike/winter blast wizards and rage buffed warriors.

or... barrel us if we AFK
aargh

LOL

If the AI pulled a wombo combo like that off, I'd seriously have to take a break from the game to stop laughing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard