Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16cyjReii4

Looks nice, in the midst of being renovated. Looks similar to the interior of Woodchester Mansion here in the UK.

veteran
veteran
It definitely looks like a much cooler building than most offices. It has a lot of character. However, "character" is also real-estate-agent code for "old and busted", as Larian found out.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm actually liking the look of it. I spent most of my life working in modern office buildings with open plan, recycled stale air, artificial light and zero inspiration. I think I'd sooner take old-and-busted.

Okay, admittedly speaking as someone who hasn't actually had to deal with old-and-busted in a working environment. I'm told that in winter it pretty much translates into "very cold".

J'aime le fromage.
Trust me, you don't want old-and-busted. Been there done that. XD

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It isn't necessarily old and busted that makes it cold but the stone, hard surfaces that bounce the cold air off each other. You can counter-act that with radiators. It's a trade-off really: carpet office with AC (good for keeping cold out), or stone floor with radiators (good for keeping heat out).

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Also having triple glass windows really helps. ^^
Or if we are going fancy, a fireplace or two.
We decided to build a traditional tiled stove but with modern materials at work and its really super effective, not to mention cozy. smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm slightly wary of glazing that gets too fancy: one place I worked had so many layers and coatings that it looked overcast even when the sun was shining. That was a pretty miserable place. Well, other than being a trading centre, so it was kind of unpleasant by default.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
i liked the previous more. i seemed ... more stable and complete and ... ;-)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard