Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Didn't the last patch finally fix the stacking issue? The did some stuff with the roots to make more stuff stackable at least.

Hmm, I can't test it myself (waiting for the GOG version), so I'll keep it on the list for now.

I'm also adding the map request from Nivv - thanks!

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Speaking of which - any revised ETA on the GOG version? I'm planning to test this list again and revise as needed, since most of the suggestions were carried over from D:OS 1.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
I've now confirmed that as of GOG version 3.0.7.398, none of the suggestions in the OP of this topic have yet been implemented. Note that as part of this, identical item stacking ("All items of an identical type (except equipment) should stack in inventory/trading menus") is still a problem - e.g. some shells with identical icons don't stack with each other.

Hopefully, future game updates will gradually implement the requested improvements.

veteran
veteran
This thread was posted on October 20. The last patch was on October 19. There have been no patches since. So yes, none of the changes have been added yet.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
I'll be testing to see whether any of these UI improvements have been implemented after the new patch gets posted to GOG. I see the patchnotes includes "Added being able to sell junk in the trade window", which is very promising for that major "junk quick sale" request - we'll see!

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Unfortunately, I can no longer edit the OP list, but as of alpha version 3.0.31.292, Larian added the option to mark items as "wares" (i.e. junk) for later quick sale, which has been one of my major requests for a long time and is hugely appreciated. There's still plenty of room for improvement in the UI (e.g. I'd especially like to see more room to zoom out the camera, as well as an optional toggle for the item highlight function), and I've added a request for cleared control key bindings not to be repopulated with the default bindings after quitting and restarting the game (which is really more of a bug); the remaining requests for implementation in future game updates are below. Cheers!

--- "ALT" (item highlight) should optionally function as a toggle (always on vs. always off)

--- The camera "zoom out" height/range should be greatly increased

--- Cleared control key bindings should not be repopulated with defaults after quitting the game

--- Items should be arranged in the same grid slot order in all inventory/crafting/trading menus

--- All items of an identical type (except equipment) should stack in inventory/trading menus

--- An option to manually type the number of items to move/trade from within a stack

--- After drinking from a bottle/cup/mug/flask etc., an empty container should be generated

--- Each NPC's Identify ability levels should be displayed in the NPC's trading menu

--- The effects of all player and NPC stats on price should be clearly shown in item trading tooltips

--- NPC dialogue options previously chosen by the player should be "dimmed"/"grayed"

--- A more convenient method of ending an NPC dialogue at any time
E.g. by hitting "ESC" to exit the dialogue screen, and/or moving the "end dialogue" speech option to the top or side of the list from its current usual position at the bottom. In situations where dialogue can't be skipped for quest reasons, the "end dialogue" option may then be disabled.

--- A "pause" function
The game should optionally auto-pause when a popup appears or the game menu is opened.

--- All custom map markers should be fully editable
Currently, you can add a marker by left-clicking on the map, and can delete a marker by right-clicking it, but there should be an easy way to select and edit the description for each existing marker as well.

--- Hotbar/skill menu enhancements
Add the ability to assign an entire skill category to one hotbar slot, such that right-clicking the "Fire Magic" slot (for example) would open the player's Fire Magic skillbook menu; for sample mockup, see http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...Main=34882&Number=494624#Post494624.

--- Anti-theft toggle to prevent accidental stealing actions

--- Link/unlink all nearby party members button

--- Clicking a spot on the map should move the camera to that location

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have a 25 inch 2560x1440 display. I feel that I can't zoom out as much as I could in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced version. Is this by design?

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
I use a 21" 1920x1080 display, and have also noticed the zoom-out range seems even more restrictive than D:OS 1. If they could correct that, make item highlighting ("ALT" key by default) an optional always-on/always-off toggle, and finally fix the menu screens so items aren't scattered about semi-randomly in the inventory vs. trading vs. crafting menus (the addition of autosort and "wares" quick-sell did help, but inventory management is still unnecessarily clunky for this reason), the game would be much more enjoyable from a ease-of-use standpoint.

I and others have been requesting these fixes since 2014, so I guess we have to keep taking the long view as Larian slowly implements these improvements. I'll be checking back again after the next patch to see which other fixes from the list have been added!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard