Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I know this is still Alpha, and there will be more storyline in the future, but I just finished the final boss in Alexander and the worm, got on the boat to exit, and it's over? I got some sick loot from the final boss, but I guess I have to wait for the next chapter? Can't wait.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I don't think there will be any more until full release. Which is probably several months away.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The only thing I could think of is adding/fixing quests in Act 1. Like with the black cat. I've heard you can save the crazy lady's kid but I'm still working on that one. Maybe they will add the rod quest from River so you can move to Act 2 but just cut it there. I dunno, keep an eye on those patch notes.

Support
Support

No new areas will be added before release. There will be additions to content and features (like improvements to enemy AI, only the basics of crafting is currently in the game, etc), as well as balancing changes (the next large patch will change how the bonuses from attributes work when levelling, there may be adjustments to how memory or durability work, etc).

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
That's okay, and I totally understand. I'm a huge fan, and I think this game is better than Pillars of Eternity, which is your only competition IMHO. I think in terms of story length, escaping from Fort Joy is like Act I, and this game should have at least 3 Acts. Hopefully even more, because I cannot get enough, lol.

Last edited by Stimwalt; 31/10/16 12:32 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Hmm, I should try fighting them, too. Next time.

This time I just killed them with shriekers and it was hilarious.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
My setup was pretty typical, but also super deadly on high difficulty:

-Red Prince Tank (Strength/con/sword/board/warfare)
-Main Dwarf 2H Off-tank (Strength/con/warfare/2H Greataxe OP)
-Sebille Hunter (Finesse/range/crit/ranged/hunter)
-Lohse Mage/healer (Intellect/Hydro/Aero/Pyro/Dual-wield wands)

I gave my main all the best gear, and he was unbelievably powerful in general, but especially offensively with 2H weapons. In every RPG, my first play-through is a 2H Dwarf off-tank, not sure why. Everyone on the squad had purple gear from that undead dude outside of Fort Joy, and we took down the final bosses by ourselves without doing anything exploity. I had to work for it though, it wasn't easy, and I think we were all level 9, with 3 source charges each, by the end.

1. Red Prince charges in, fortifies himself, and does a knockdown.
2. Lohse gives offtank haste and ice shield, plus encourage.
3. off-tank charges in, rages himself, knockdown, and since he has the execution ability, gains +2 AP for each kill. I was able to finish entire encounters with just the dwarf. (This may seem like a knock, but it isn't, i cannot explain enough how satisfying this was).
4. Sibelle was there for knockdowns, and clean up, and sometimes crowd control by throwing shit, but usually wasn't needed, because the dwarf was a demi-god.

Last edited by Stimwalt; 31/10/16 04:28 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Awwwwww..... I love what I have seen. And I just finished the boss fight on the island too, and was disappointed that was all there was to the EA version of the game. I'm going to have a hard time waiting for the rest of it. Carry on while I bounce anxiously!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard