Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was playing OS very often on my previous graphics card which was a GeForce GTX770, and I remember that it was running smooth.

Now, a year later, I decided to continue with my savegame in the original version (Not enhanced) and I notice that I can barely get over 30 fps. I looked on the forums and on the OS reddit, but I can't find any solution.

I have a GeForce GTX1080, AMD FX 8 core CPU and 8 GB RAM. I have the latest NVidia drivers and Windows Update is on (but I don't have the Anniversary update). Anyone has any suggestions?

Support
Support

If you create a new profile and start a new game, do you have the same problem?

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Did you do a clean install of the graphics drivers when you upgraded cards? See here or here, for example.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

If you create a new profile and start a new game, do you have the same problem?

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Did you do a clean install of the graphics drivers when you upgraded cards? See here or here, for example.

Thanks for the tips. I tested the ASIC quality, it says 99,4 which is pretty good I guess.

I tested again in Cyseal. I have 40 fps, and when I start moving, it drops to 28-34. GPU load does not get higher than 23%. CPU load does not get higher than 34%.

I tried fake window and normal window, the frames are the same. I could try a lower resolution but then again, what's the point of having a good rig then? I want to run it on at least 1080p. Lowering shadows and antialias also has no effect. Did a clean install of the latest drivers, still no luck. What did you mean by new profile, new Windows profile or OS profile?

Support
Support

I meant a new in-game profile, but a different Windows user account would be more thorough.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have caused conflicts (generally on loading screens, though) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs have also caused issues.

Have you tried other, similarly demanding games? Or benchmarked the card after installing it?

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Right now I am on the beach again on a new profile, and it seems ok, but I will enter Cyseal and walk to the exact same spot. Maybe it has something to do with my savegame being old? It is more than a year old. I will test it and report here. It is not a big deal for me anymore, as I started to play the enhanched edition on the Xbox with someone, which is more fun smile

The alpha version of Original Sin 2 runs much better on my hardware, so that is also a big plus for the upcoming game!

Edit: Oops forgot to mention: I tried other games and they seem to work fine. I tried Grim Dawn, Doom and Civilization 6, no problems with the frames.

Last edited by Draganta; 07/11/16 10:33 AM.
Support
Support

The Cyseal marketplace is probably the most demanding region in the game (with the number of NPCs and items around, NPC scripts, the fountain water effects, etc).

An 'old' save shouldn't make a difference, I don't think. The game itself has not been updated since before the EE came out, so it may be the most current, anyway. Even if it was started in an earlier version, I don't recall any performance issues that required starting a new game to address.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard