Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey there. In my playthrough of yesterday, something happened that I could not understand quite wel. Maybe something unintended happened, or I missed something? I'll explain.

After I entered the city, I helped that elven girl (I forgot her name) with those two thugs. This time I was able to follow her all the way to the cave (is she slower now?). When I was inside, I started a conversation with someone and I ended up losing control over my body because of an evil spirit in me, or something like that. A fight started. So far I think this is intended. But it became weird after. After 3 turns I believe, an NPC yelled: Stop! But the dialogue disappeared very very fast. Then the elf I helped became angry at me. She, another npc and that lizard dude at the entrance were still standing in my fire surface, and were taking damage AFTER the fight. I think that is why they were angry. But they stopped talking to me, because their attitude was like between -50 and -74 or something. I tried to stay in my role, and I attacked them after they insulted me. Only the children and that lady who gave me the quest to rescue someone are still alive.

Is this intended? If so, why doesn't it have bad consequences for me that I murdered so many people in the cave? Is it intended that that fight stops? If so, maybe it also needs a mechanic to stop all damage on the npcs, before they get really pissed?

It was a funny experience though, did not see that coming haha. I went from neutral to very evil after my visit to that cave.

Last edited by Draganta; 07/11/16 10:22 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, it's intended to happen: that's the work of Lohse's "guest". Took me by surprise when I played as her, too.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ah great, it was a very nice surprise haha.

Is the part there they get damaged because of the fire, while the fight is over and a dialogue is started, also intended?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Not sure about that bit. I'd guess a possibly unintended consequence of ensuring combat ends at that point, but it is only a guess.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard