Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I am begging you, as someone who thinks staves look amazing and beautiful in combat, I find it disappointing that they are outclassed by wands in every way. Wands themselves don't need too much of a nerf, but staves could use something that sets them apart from the crowd.

In addition to that, since the first Divinity, I always thought it was odd that sword and wand was never a useable combination (I did that until I found out that dual-wands was the way to go in EE) In the first divinity, it was either sword or wand regardless of whether or not both were equipped simultaneously, but that has also migrated to D:OS2 with no significant changes.

As well, something I found the first Divinity lacking, and I will doubtless find the second to lack if it is ignored, is the day/night cycle. I've already seen that your studio refuses to add it to the game, but that ruins the immersion so easily, when in D:OS EE you have eternal daylight, everyone standing in the same spot all the time, shouting the same 4-5 lines of dialogue. It doesn't make the world feel real.

Also, enemy balance is a big deal right now too. I have 6, maybe 7 ap in D:OS 2, so I can maybe move 6.8-7 meters and then attack 3 times. Why, then, if they should have the same AP pool, do the enemies charge 10 meters, then stand still and attack me anywhere from 4-6 times? I've had wand wielders wipe my parties very easily, just by being there and using 12-14 AP worth of attacks in one round to kill 1-2 of my teammates.

Other than these issues, I haven't found anything glaring that I'd enjoy seeing improvement on. But as a message to you guys, the developers, I find that it's important to note:

Please, do not feel the pressure to rush this game. Late is better than never, when it comes to what you would want to release, what would make the game complete. Keep that in mind, and this game will be a bombshell, just like the first one.

veteran
veteran
There is no day-night cycle because Larian does not want to make it cosmetic-only, and it is too much work to do it properly.

Support
Support

Allowing melee weapon and wand dual wielding would take extra animations and a bunch of extra scripting to handle the various combinations and situations. For the EE it was too much work for something most people dual wielding would not do anyway; that may be reassessed for D:OS 2.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Oh, coolio. I didn't realize that making the two weapon types work together would be so labor-intensive.

And I figured NPC schedules wouid be hellish, but oh well. I still have flash-backs to the Divinity Original Sin EE Market... *shudders*

Probably should make another thread, but I was playing recently, and hiding your helmet occasionally removes your hair. Also, for some reason, all my text is purple and only some words are white.

Sorry if I come across as the whiny, demanding player.

Support
Support

Those are known issues.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Well, everything I've suggested has been considered, and every issue I have seen is already known of. So, in a last ditch attempt to suggest something actually useful, here goes.

People were whining about identification glasses and repair hammers, but I feel there's an interesting solution, at least for repair hammers. Give repair hammers durability, but make them irreparable. That way, they have more than one use, but one doesn't last forever (and they can't simply have two hammers and make them repair each other.)

Also, I dunno about crafting, but I always found it hard to get materials to make meaningful equipment, especially with RNG, so maybe a method of breaking down equipment for raw mats would be interesting too.

Support
Support

I liked the crafting system in Evil Islands (released in 2000), where you could break down equipment into a blueprint (loosing the material it was made of, IIRC), and recreate it, generally with higher quality material. Spells could also be broken down, and the component runes added or changed to make the spell stronger, have greater range or lower the mana cost (the number and type of rune limited by the item quality and the character's skill).

D:OS 2 will not be doing that, but there are plans to add to the crafting system.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard