Print Thread
#595782 21/11/16 09:50 PM
S
Sorlyn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I see huge potential for PvP with this game.

I'm talking about the 2v2, 4v4 arenas.

The combat is so dynamic, fluid and intuitive.
I tried the arenas on the early access and I've got a few things I'd like to talk about.

First of all, I think I speak for most when I say that we'd like to use one character across all multiplayer modes. I don't want to play with a preset character every time I join a new game, I want to have my own character that I can customise and progress with. Rewards/ranks/achievements could be attached to said progression. Give us the ability to create our own builds and swap between other builds we've created.

The games should be fast paced and winning should feel rewarding too. Cosmetic gear unlocks after reaching a certain rank/number of wins would be great; A new icon maybe?

Create ladders so that the competitive PvP scene can flourish!

What do you guys think?

Sorlyn #595783 21/11/16 10:00 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well I mean, some builds can be pretty OP in multiplayer. Balancing all of that would be a whole another game, they'd need like a whole another group of devs to work on that if they went for full customization on multi.

Kelsier #595786 21/11/16 10:46 PM
S
Sorlyn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
A strong PvP community could provide a healthy boost to the game's popularity as it would attract different kinds of players. So I guess it comes down to whether they feel it's worth the investment or not.

edit: Why bother integrating a PvP system if you're gonna half-ass it?

Last edited by Sorlyn; 21/11/16 10:56 PM.
Sorlyn #596360 05/12/16 04:17 AM
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Progression, rewards is very optional imo.

Look at Neverwinter Nights series, they did fine without all the rewards and progression. What they had was a solid multiplayer system and world builder, lets players build their own mini world and adventure. Rewards and progression is a good thing but it first needs a foundation which D:OS 2 lacks. We have the promised Dungeon Master feature but theres no plans on NWN scale of multiplayer which is kinda sad. Work on that first than we'll talk about rewards, ranks and progression.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard