Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi guys,

A friend of mine and me have been playing through each patch and trying to exploit as much as we can in the process (what better way to test a game than to try and break it).

We've always found a way to make it a little too easy and happily we've always found those methods patched out of the game.

However, this time we're up against something that we're not sure how to overcome: Our characters can't hit anything.

I have a rogue type with 95% accuracy (essentially if you roll a D20, anything higher than a 1 would hit). Having played a bit of D&D I know the chances of rolling two 1's in a row is quite slim (hence making advantage in 5e a useful mechanic) but at the time of writing my rogue has rolled approximately 300 1's in a row - for basic attacks and damage spells.

it's happening for both our non created characters. I have a tanky Red Prince and he started with a mage Sebille, but our Ifan and Lohse hit 0% of the time. Is our game corrupt or is this something that other people are experiencing?

apprentice
apprentice
If you've been blinded at some point during your game, try to reload your save. It is a known bug with the blind status effect.

S
stranger
stranger
S
It's also possible that dodge chance is not correctly being factored into the displayed "chance to hit" on the UI. To test this, I had my level 2 Sebille shoot at Bugsy, the little dwarf card player in Fort Joy. Sebille was using a bow that was one level too high, so her displayed chance to hit was 75%.

I kept Bugsy CC'ed and shot at her 10 times. The first 9 attacks missed. The 10th killed Bugsy. At 75%, I should have hit on 7.5 of the 10 attacks. This situation continued for as long as I was using a weapon that was a higher level, so its also possible that there is a bug in how accuracy is calculated with an over-leveled weapon.

Maybe Raze can give us some input on whether this is a known issue?

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard