Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello everyone!

First I'd like to say I am very happy with the direction of the game thus far. You guys are doing an amazing job bringing it to life! Keep it up!

Now I'll just cut right to the point.

Races. The race options right now are fairly limited, as are the customization options. I won't get on about the customization options because I know that's still a work in progress. I also know you plan on adding an undead race.

The two races I'm most impressed with are the Lizards, followed by the elves. The armor and designs for the Lizards are awesome, and I'm a huge fan of your unique and bizarre looking lizard females are in the game. Their active ability is very useful in fights and it brings a lot to the table.

The elves are also very well done. I love the tribal and elemental feel I get from their design and armor. Also the flesh eating aspect is a very original take on the elves. Their appearance is both familiar and alien at the same time. Good job!

As for the humans, I have no complaints there. It is important to have an option for players that is more familiar. Not everyone wants to play as a strange humanoid creature. Some people want to design a character based on themselves, or something a little more ordinary. I think the style you gave humans in this game is good for that; ordinary looking but still stylish enough to give them that cool factor later on in the game.

The dwarves I have mixed feelings about. First of all it is my personal opinion that their active ability is horribly overpowered right now and could use a little toning down as it makes certain situations ridiculously easy to deal with. As for the design, at this point I feel it is a bit too close to a human. The dwarf class right now is just a short human and doesn't distinguish itself enough from them. You did a great job on the elves, most games simply make them skinny humans with altered features, and you broke the mold there. But the dwarves are at this moment just short humans, their armor is too similar as is their design. I think there is a ton of potential here for improvement. You guys did such a good job on the Lizard and Elves, I know you can do it here!

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I have some suggestions for more races. I know adding races is hard, but if you manage to add another 2 in addition to the undead, you'll make people very, very happy. Right now you have races that have original designs, but are still common in other fantasy games/IPs.

Lets break the mold here!
This is your chance to throw something in there that's wacky and awesome!

I'm going to throw down some ideas, and if you're reading this, go ahead and share them as well. These aren't really meant to be things that you should make a reality, but I just hope that I can help get the creativity going.

I love this game and I want to do everything I can to make it better!

Alright lets go.
----Winged Race----
Imagine a group of creatures that are batlike (or birdlike) and yet slightly human looking. Because they have wings (not quite big enough to fly any long distance), they could be given a unique active which lets them fly to a distant location using much less AP than walking to the same place. This would be a traditional recharging race active like encourage, but would be something useful for all classes. An archer can fly to high ground or onto a ledge, while a warrior can fly into battle if he's out of position.

----Elemental----
A humanoid creature spawned of magic to bring balance back to the world. Elementals would be human's with a more magical and otherworldly look. Their active would be that when standing in an element (blood, fire, water, poison, etc.), they gain the ability to fire a powerful projectile of the same type at an enemy.

Again these are just ideas, more to give an example of what I'm talking about. I'd love to hear more suggestions, as mine aren't that good.

Last edited by AquaBlader; 10/12/16 12:44 AM.
addict
addict
deleted (never mind)

Last edited by 4verse; 15/12/16 01:13 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
L
stranger
stranger
L
I like the new race idea but there are elementals already established in the universe's lore which wouldn't make really a lot of sense for them to become more playable than they were in the first game (They were timed summons).

Other than, that a winged race would be cool like Skywrath Mage from Dota 2.

journeyman
journeyman
A new race isnt going to happen anymore.
Beside the time it would take to implement a new race at this point, there aren't any races left that would fit the lore of Divinity. 4 of the 6 major races (Humans, Lizards, Elves, Dwarves) are already in. Imps wouldn't make too much sense, as they are mostly slaves of the demons. The Orcs got wiped out in Divine Divinity. And on top of that, a new race would not fit in the story of Divinity Original Sin 2.

[Insert something funny here]
old hand
old hand
They're adding undead as a playable race. Was one of the kickstarter goals.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I wonder if the elves in this game are in any way related to the elves in Divine Divinity. They seem totally disconnected.

addict
addict
Perhaps there was some sort of evolution shift and they evovled?

Or they kept their flesh-eating habit hidden until it was blown out into the open.

stranger
stranger
What! Maaaannn I love playing Dwarf he seriously brought so much extra joy to my playthroughs with my brother I couldn't imagine playing someone else. I think his petrify Is strong but not OP. The enemy has to melee with you and have no armor for it to be successful. So no I don't think it's OP. There are situations where it saves us but that's what I would expect from all racial abilities

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard