Next Thread
Print Thread
#596793 11/12/16 11:41 PM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Each class come with their own set of weapons, that's fine.. But.. What about adding an option in character creation that let the player decide what the character is going to start with.
I suggest adding that option in the character creation, but don't make in so that the player can select the weapon(s), but rather sets, like weapon and shield, dual wielding (STR based/DEX based/wands) and two handed weapon (staff/bladed weapon) and make it random what type of weapon(s) is given.

A couple of examples.
I make a battlemage, as it is now I'm forced to start with a shield and a short sword. But I want to use two weapons instead and so I select dual wielding strength based weapons and when I start I'm given either axes or swords.

I make an enchanter, as it is now in D:OS EE I'm forced to start with a wand, but I want to make the character use a staff and so I select two handed weapon, staff and I'm given a staff with a random element, or a staff that has one of the elements I have chosen on it when the game starts.

Not being able to make that choice on character creation is one thing that I have found a little annoying with the game and it would be really nice to see that change.

veteran
veteran
You can change your starting stats, abilities, talents, and skills. That already mostly allows you to do what you want.

If you want your battlemage to be a dual-wielder, look at the battlemage point allocation, select a fighter and copy the allocation over top. Presto, it's done. Want your Enchanter to wield a staff? Copy their stats and make an Inquisitor.

I don't think it really matters very much what element your "My Lousy Starting Wand" is because it does low damage and you shouldn't have it for long.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
If you want your battlemage to be a dual-wielder, look at the battlemage point allocation, select a fighter and copy the allocation over top.

*coughs* Battlemage and Fighter get the exact same weapons at start... A Shield and a short sword.

apprentice
apprentice
Actually Battlemage gets dual axes and fighter gets sword and board. What Stabbey proposes is what has be done since D:OS 1 regardless.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think what they are saying is that you select the base class based on which starting weapon you want. Then change it completely to whatever abilities and stats you want. With full customization of stats, talents, race, etc., the base class really is just a weapon select.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Zdrastvuyte gentlemen, the developers, sey yon plan to expand the set of tools in the menu character creation? that would create more unique characters!

Moderated by  gbnf, Nicou 

Link Copied to Clipboard